VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I need to replace the high mount brake light on my 2002 GLS. I ordered one from Autoplicity but found it is a poor fit. In the process of trying to install it the face cracked, the parts with the zig-zag pattern in which the screws go in were a little short, and the one I did get a screw into popped out of the brake light, breaking off part of what it snaps into. It's no longer usable.

So does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement part that easily fits in?

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
The original VW part fits the best; the only thing, is they tend to fail and you have to replace the whole assembly, if one bulb dies. They sell aftermarket LED based versions; however, as you have experienced, many have fitment problems. You might check on amazon; read the reviews and decide what brand get positive feedback from purchasers and go from there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was afraid of. VW parts tend to be pricey so I was hoping to avoid buying from VW, but if it is the best solution I'll do it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Yiyang, how does the quality of the Dorman seem (build quality; fitment etc.); are the LED lights, brighter than stock? I would assume; they would last longer and I think Dorman has a lifetime warranty.

Dorman Products

1 - 5 of 5 Posts