NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My halogen bulbs are severly lacking in brightness and I think that it is definitely time for an upgrade. At first, I was going to go with a set of HID's, but I still want to use my Daytime Running Lights. With that being said I've chosen LED's, but I want to make sure I get a good set and not just some cheap eBay ones. I would like to replace the low and high beams, and probably the fog lights to... even though the I can't seem to get the fog lights to work.

·
Black Velvet
1,018 Posts
You can probably check out bugsgogo.com. It's a beetle site based in Japan, but they have some pretty cool stuff. I actually got headlights from them. So you should check them out. Here's mine

Attachments

·
5/23/10 <3
10,997 Posts
What year is your car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can probably check out bugsgogo.com. It's a beetle site based in Japan, but they have some pretty cool stuff. I actually got headlights from them. So you should check them out. Here's mine
The only problem is that I have a 2003 Turbo S and they do not really make many aftermarket headlights at least that I can find.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If your headlight assemblies (housings, lenses, reflectors, etc) are good, just replace the bulbs with LED. I believe yours takes H1 for high and low beams - I have been happy with my compact Nineo H7 (2006 NB) and I suspect their H1s are good too. Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PKPFHQ9/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2BSGAT93UREPR&psc=1
In particular, I have found that the Nineo compacts are the only ones that fit inside the assemblies without any modifications to the dust covers and light output is good - better than halogen bulbs.
Note: when installing, make sure the LED arrays point to 3:00 and 9:00.

·
Geneva Beetle
6 Posts
My halogen bulbs are severly lacking in brightness and I think that it is definitely time for an upgrade. At first, I was going to go with a set of HID's, but I still want to use my Daytime Running Lights. With that being said I've chosen LED's, but I want to make sure I get a good set and not just some cheap eBay ones. I would like to replace the low and high beams, and probably the fog lights to... even though the I can't seem to get the fog lights to work.

·
Geneva Beetle
6 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts