NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've changed my mind and am going to replace my steelies with reconditioned alloys to use in the summer and buy 4 other tires for the steelies later next winter. It would seem that even factory hubcaps don't hold up as well to the elements. Anyway, I'm limited to 16 x 6.5 with a 100mm bolt pattern so I don't have to get new tires at this time. I have a Candy White 2010 Beetle and my choices are the following styles:

Mali
Force
Eraser
Houston
Key West
Monte Carlo
Reggae

Sorry, I don't know how to post pics,(I'm a dinosaur) but does anyone out there know of any issues with any of the styles listed above, like which, if any, to avoid? My favorites are Eraser and Force.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
of those, I like the houstons the best.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I dont see Deltas on the list??

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
on 16"

le Castellet
I forgot about Le Castellet and also Rave. I like the Le Castellets, they are very similar to my 2000's Monte Carlo wheels. Deltas aren't available in 16s. To be correct for 2010, Malis appear to be my only choice, but all the others would fit (and be different)!

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Now I'm thinking the 2 wheel styles I was originally considering: (Eraser and Force) would look strange on an 06-10 Beetle, not to mention that they've been discontinued for 8 years. The Rave and Reggae went up to 2009, but If I got either of them, I'd have to paint my brake calipers :p, and as for the Le Castellets, I can't locate any center caps. In 16 inch diameters, this leaves either Houstons or Malis. Houstons only went up to 2009, but a 2010 Beetle looks close enough....;) I'm relying on photos on this site to reach a decision, as there are no "see on vehicle" options for OEM wheels, at least that I know of.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,172 Posts
Raves are my favorite wheels on NBs. I had a set on mine and they were great. Easy to clean too!

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Sunset 17 inch.:D

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
i'll sell you my Delta-X's for $500 plus shipping!!

-jd

·
Mom, Wife, Lover of VW's
186 Posts
I've changed my mind and am going to replace my steelies with reconditioned alloys to use in the summer and buy 4 other tires for the steelies later next winter. It would seem that even factory hubcaps don't hold up as well to the elements. Anyway, I'm limited to 16 x 6.5 with a 100mm bolt pattern so I don't have to get new tires at this time. I have a Candy White 2010 Beetle and my choices are the following styles:

Mali
Force
Eraser
Houston
Key West
Monte Carlo
Reggae

Sorry, I don't know how to post pics,(I'm a dinosaur) but does anyone out there know of any issues with any of the styles listed above, like which, if any, to avoid? My favorites are Eraser and Force.

I have the Mali's on mine and like them.

List of VW wheels with photo's OEM Volkswagen Wheel Database

1 - 15 of 15 Posts