VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Kate and id like to introduce Betsy the Beetle. The picture is of the day my loving boyfriend bought her for me for Christmas!!! She is currently hibernating in the garage while we swap out the vinyl door cards, and headliner :). Here are some pics of our work in progress.

Attachments

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Welcome Home. We've been waiting on you. Nice shiny red beetle ya got there. I really like the pattern you went with on the interior. Big props to you guys for get down and dirty while puttin some sweat equity into that little red round car, it makes driving it so much funner "yes I said funner". Looks like your up north a ways, but I still want to invite ya to T.o.D...Its one of the biggest gatherings of Beetle peeps in the country, and we would love to have ya join us.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words. The pattern has had some mixed reviews but I love it!!! Yes the funky flowery material makes it "funner" :).

The beetle is meant to be fun. I love how the front end smiles at you :).

Replaced the shifter boot as well with a nice black leather one. The original grey one was long over do to be replaced.

Also ordered a new 3D hood emblem to replace the peeling original.

Hoping to have the interior back in the car Saturday. Its the next somewhat warm day. Wish I had a heated garage!!!

Kate

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Wow, you guys have been very busy! Really like what you've done. The new material has sort of a Hawaiian vibe - I like :cool:

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
Betsy is awesome - and it's great to have another mad modder on here :) I love the customizations you're doing. My neighbors often look at me like I'm insane for the contorting I do to work on my NB, but when I'm done they always ask 'how did you do that?'.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.

To re-attach the rear door cards I found it was a challenge since there isn't really a good spot to glue on the bottom of the panel. So to remedy that I made bolt mounting spots and used epoxy to attach them to the plastic tabs. Now I can just bolt it using nylon insert nuts, washers and it will stay tight. Here is a pic :)

Attachments

·
High mileage driver found
268 Posts
Always nice to see other members from Ontario on here... sweet ride!!

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Nice work!! I am looking forward to finished pictures! :clap:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry everyone for the late reply with the pictures of the finished interior all put back into Betsy, things have been a little hectic. Still a few more finishing touches but here she is so far.:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Betsy was bought for me by my boyfriend around a year ago as a Christmas present. I spent a lot of time getting her ready and fell off track due to a motorcycle accident but finally a year later Betsy is out on the road :).

Here she is getting a quick bath on a mild winters day today.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In the past month Betsy got new rear calipers, brake pads, and rotors. New battery, ignition coil pack, wires and oem ngk plugs. We also cleaned her Mass air flow.

She is purring like a kitten again and got rid of the misfire.

January 6th she is going in for surgery to her exhaust. The shop is removing her exhaust from the cat back and replacing with a new custom bent catback mid pipe and a Racing beat muffler. No more resonator and suitcase muffler.

Can`t wait to hear her deep growl.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The pics in post #13 are as it sits now other than a Pioneer cd/mp3 player.

Today we replaced the door speakers as the factory ones were finished.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts