NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking this is the best section for this question.

I have a set of the drivergear embridered plush carpeted floor mats for the front, but the rears are still the dinky factory ones that aren't really carpet. Does vw or any other comapny make actual plush carpeted floor mats for the rear?

Also, i have the older style rubber mats with the pattern of little new beetles . But that's also a front-only set, any idea if vw made a rear set also?

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
I ran across some floor mats at JCWhitney. They were on sale, about 1/2 off, and I was very pleasantly surprised when they came at the high quality. The mats on the website were gray carpet with a yellow smiley face in the center, but when they came they had a red smiley instead. It wasn't any big deal to me, as the red goes great with my Techno blue, and the red will show dirt less than the yellow would. They were very plush carpet and were cut to fit the NB exactly. The rears don't have the :) but they also fit well and look great. I'm not sure if JCW still has them, I bought them about 3 weeks ago.

And yes, I'm pretty sure that you can get the smiley-bug rubber mats with all 4 pieces. I saw them when I was looking for the others. When I buy my new NB, I may put the bug ones in there-- sentimental tribute to the ones we had in our '73 standard! EDIT-- oops, sorry, after re-reading your post I don't think we're talking about the same ones. Sorry 'bout that!

I hope this works: I'll try to post the link to the smiley face mats
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2007414/showCustom-0/p-2007414/N-111+10201+600013089/c-10101 LOL, they're really not as cheesy as they may look, and I've had about a million comments on them, they make everybody smile.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that's what i get for buying used. But when my sister bought her jetter, her dealer gave her the rubber floor mats with the little beetles new, and she doenst have rears either.

I like the JC whitney floor mats, they're definaltey happy floor mats. But I dont know if i can justify the purchaseof a 5th (that's not a type-o) set of front mats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts