NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I don'thave the manual for my 2001 beetle so I don't know what size fuel tank I have, it does'nt seem like it gets good gas milelage, it has a turbo and I cruz at 80mph on the hwy, and the rpm is about 3500 with the automatic, is that unusual or normal? Is there anything iI can change or modify to get better mpg?

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
What kinda numbers are ya gettin?
25 to 28mpg is the norm at legal speeds.
If your lookin for better mileage between fill ups the first thing ya gotta look at is your driving style.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Should be a 14.5 gallon tank. What mpgs are you getting? I will say cruising at 80 isn't doing anything for that.

I cruise around 70-72 highway. I pulled 31mpg that way in my GTI. I get 23-24 around town. Its all about driving style.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Won't know yet until I empty this tank, I'm using 93 octane, is this a waste or is it helpful? It just seems like the rpm by it being a 4 speed its always high...

·
Im Just Me
135 Posts
if you have the 1.8T you better be useing the super in it.That is what it call's for .Do not use anything less than super!!!As for the tac and the auto trans i run 65-70 and my tac is around 28000-3000.Sorry to say if you are that up tight about the fuel millage try slowing down to the speed limit and drive normal and you will see better mph.:D

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
as far as rpm, it seems about right.
Theses little bugs like it in the upper rpm range.
Plugs, coils pacs, air filter, fuel filter all will effect mileage if not kept up on.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
You need to run 91 or higher in the 1.8T. I know here they only sell 87, 89, and 93 so no option for 91. Ran 92 that I picked up in VA and no real difference in MPG.

·
Im Just Me
135 Posts
hey Dewayne!! sorry about that.When i wrote it it did not sound like that i was not trying to be rude, i guess it just came out wrong sorry :rolleyes: :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts