VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after much consideration and thinking "Moose" is now "Betty" and I'm now starting my little owners thread showing pictures of her evolution and changes she has went through since I've owned her

"Betty"
2000 Uni-Black 2.0 GLS
Black and Orange custom fit seat covers
Euro emblems
Front and back clear corners
Eyelids
Chrome accent door kit
Custom black headliner
5% tint (prior to getting a ticket for it)
25% tint (now)
KVW100 Mod (rolls windows up and down by holding lock/unlock on key fob)

Audio:
Sony Xplod GT720ESRP 52 x 4 CD Receiver MP3/WMA/AAC Player
4 Rockford Phosgate Punch 6-1/2" 3 way speakers
Dual 800W Bridgeable 2-Channel Amplifier
2 Dual - 12" 1100-Watt 4-Ohm Subwoofers in inclosed ported neon lit box

Coming soon:
Chrome Long beach rims (I'm so freaking excited!!!!)
Bra (to hide damage on my bumper until my Dad has time to get it in his body shop to fix it

My first week with "Betty" a.k.a. "Moose"

Various pics along the way:

Black Headliner (Sorry the pic is such bad quality it was taken with my cell phone)

My friends always fight about who rides in the back....I had to drive them across campus and they couldn't come to an agreement so they both sat up front...lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'm liking the subs a lot, first time I've ever had any

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never thought of "Black Betty Bambalam...ha good thinkin SMG ...isn't there a girl here that named hers that...I think she might have switched to a sundown orange NB now named something german and ubercool like "Sonnunterang" I could be wrong...I can't remember, lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehehe

so UPS man came today and delivered Betty a.k.a. Moose's new shoes

hopefully I can get tires put on them and get them mounted at Big O tomorrow!!!!

I was gonna post some teaser pictures...but I'm so excited I'm just gonna throw them out there

chrome longbeaches!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm loacted in Bowling Green, Kentucky...we've pretty much had just semi-cold rainy/ sunny warm weather for the past little bit...although I'm due for new tires badly...Dad probably won't let me wait much longer to get them since the old tires are so bad...and he is paying so I'm gonna go ahead and get the lb's put on...

I'm getting tires at Big O...they ordered them...should be here tomorrow and they said they could put them on tomorrow....I think the tires are FALKEN ZE329 if I'm not mistaken....$530 out the door...for the tires, balancing, rotating, installation and a warranty....seems like I got a pretty good deal...I hope they ride well

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Betty new shoes are on!

I need to wash her today but here they are!

What do you all think?

·
#1 Auntie
4,549 Posts
Wow I didn't know they made the LB's in chrome! Lookin cool duder :cool:

The blacked out windows look rad too... gotta go super dark on a black car.

And to answer your question, yes, there was a Black Betty on here... owned by Sarah in Florida, and yes, she now has a Sundown Orange NB.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Funny...
the name of my Beetle is Betty... Check her out i just posted Pics of her a second ago...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone!

I didn't know the longbeaches came in chrome either....I ordered them from ebay in just a regular finish and the seller called me and said he was out of stock on them and they shouldn't have been posted....supposedly it was a program error, and he offered me the chrome ones for the same price because it was going to be a month wait of the regular ones.....

he sells the regular longbeaches for $399 a set and the chrome ones for $640 a set...so i got the chrome ones for about $240 cheaper...i was very very excited

I got falken tires too....best tires I have ever had....Betty feels like a new car and I haven't been so happy with her since when I got her

he also includes the center caps with the rims for free....and they shipped from florida to kentucky in about 3 days

his store

the chrome longbeaches

1 - 14 of 14 Posts