NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got some bi-xenon 3" and going for a mono look for my gf's car, and i got one hooked up and works. but..

when i flip the hi beams on they stay on , thin i have to turn the lights off and they go back to normal, and stay that way till i flip to high again. i put 100w hid set in it that work fine. its a problem with the (dont quote me on this) connection port 2 and 3 (hi-beam voltage to headlight plug in)

is there a add on relay i need to do or anyone else fugerd out this problem, i assume if their was a rely that doesn't let anything under 12v pass threw (ie 11.8 ect) so it will lose the voltage and go back down, just a thought or is it something simple and cheap i can do.. and no i only got one headlight active, haven't modded the left side yet

(pics later if people be interested)

·
Registered
867 Posts
You just need to add a small bulb like a W5W or a resistor in parallel with the high beam. The solenoids themselves don't have enough load to drop the high beams out.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
As mentioned above if there is not enough load, then the high beam relay will hang. I recall that I stole both high beam H1 bulbs out of my car and if you accidentally hit the high beams they would not cycle back to the low beams.

This was because I had some other bulbs on order and my 2nd low beam went out like 2 days afterward and I needed headlights!

A decent resistor will probably work, use a high Wattage one just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You just need to add a small bulb like a W5W or a resistor in parallel with the high beam. The solenoids themselves don't have enough load to drop the high beams out.
thought as much, gusse i will have to play with it some more think i still have a stock pile of resistors after trying to convert all the switches in the door to slim arcade led push buttons... that failed do to i cut corners and didnt make them short enough :/

but think i got to hold off till i get my new alternator in, getting tired of charging the battery (so pose to be today by mail 120a)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts