NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an 03 beetle turbo S pcm# 06a906032ls and I was wondering if anyone knew of any tuners out there who have a program for a big turbo for my car. I have checked, and revo only has a stage 1 for my car(they are considering developing a stage 2), APR won't sell their tunes unless you get their turbo, but I don't know if Giac, or Upsolute would have a BT tune for a beetle. Are there any others out there that may be able to tune for a Gt28rs or bigger on the beetles?

Aaron

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
RevoTechnik Stage 2 is not a program. Revo defines Stage 2 as software tweaked to fit the custom installations you have performed on the car. RevoTechnik Stage 3 is what you are after, which is a BT application with a prescribed set of parts.

You can always do Stage 2 Revo on your car. It simply depends on the mods.

FYI, I recently (two weeks ago) had my AWV flashed with a Revo Stage 2 based on the parts list I provided (K03-53/K04-20 hybrid, 3" exhaust, PowerGasket, etc.).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to my local revo dealer and he said that neither stage 2 or 3 is available for my ecu. I would like the stage 2 tune for now, but I just wanted to find someone (preferably local) who could do a big turbo tune for when I need it.

Nor, do you have a link?

Thanks
Aaron

·
Performance Freak
137 Posts
The Revo Stage2 is just a more aggressive tune based around a 4bar FPR, and tuned for upgraded exhaust/intake.
I've read that this program is flexible enough to be used with a K04-001 just by setting the boost levels higher with the SPS3. (Not that anyone considers that a Big Turbo!)

Your engine code is not supported yet by this program, but honestly, it isn't going to make much of a difference on the stock K03s turbo.

I actually turned down my settings since without an upgraded IC, my car feels fastest running 18-19lbs peak. The default setting for the stage2 had me boosting to 22psi peak.

I believe the stock program (often called the 3bar program)is about 19psi peak boost and this is available for your car.
If you get this along with an exhaust/intake/TIH, you'll have a fast car. Then if they come out with a Stage2 program, you'll only have to pay for the upgrade cost.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know that RacespecECU will be offering custom-tailored BT software down the road, but they're not ready for that just yet. In the meantime I've heard nothing but good things about Unitronic, although their software is pricey.

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
i dont like revo.... its not that good anymore... still has idle dip problems.. and i here the tune is crap.... uni i here good things.... i guess ask 18turbos he has uni.... other then that is either a custom chip or standalone... im going stand alone... but on a dinky gt28rs its pointless....ut is trash... their pointless.... u can get a chip from giac... prolly but it will cost u like 1500 bucks for a custome tune.... another was is using a t3 super 60 turbo and using a e05 file for the tune... u just gotta know what ur doing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The more I have been looking the more I have been leaning towards giac x+ and just hoping they come out with an E05 file for my car. There is a good chance that I won't go any bigger than a gt28rs, so it would probably work for me. I still do wish that revo had a bt tune for my ecu. I didn't really want to, but I could always just get an adjustable fpr and at least dial in the afr that way. I was just hoping for a real tune for less than $1500.

Aaron

·
Keep It Real
1,734 Posts
I've used a few different GIAC programs and had one problem with a bad chip, this can happen and I don't hold it against them, I feel that GIAC creates some of the best software upgrades out there.

The problem that I have with GIAC is that they have "0"customer service skills, this is serious for the consumer if a problem arises with one of their products and all you get is the run around for months on end, been there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too Cold NB1.8T said:
I've used a few different GIAC programs and had one problem with a bad chip, this can happen and I don't hold it against them, I feel that GIAC creates some of the best software upgrades out there.

The problem that I have with GIAC is that they have "0"customer service skills, this is serious for the consumer if a problem arises with one of their products and all you get is the run around for months on end, been there.
Was it giac themselves, or a local dealer?

·
Keep It Real
1,734 Posts
styleandspeed said:
Was it giac themselves, or a local dealer?
It was GIAC in SoCal and a few of there dealers in different areas in the country, the dealers admittedly also have had trouble getting prompt responses from GIAC so I tried to deal directly.

About 3% of my e-mails and phone calls to GIAC received respones over a 6 month period of time, unfortunately I don't live close to them and couldn't walk into their facility to deal with them in person or I would have.

This seems to be a common practise for them for whatever reason, I've read many threads and spoken to a number of tuners out there and found out that I'm not alone here.

I have to conclude that people put up with this because GIAC does currently have among the best inovative software technology available.

I really hope they correct this poor customer service and response time to people who have spent big dollars on GIAC gear and are in need of their assistance, this is the only thing that would keep me from using or recommending their products to anyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts