NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im on VW Vortex soo much I almost forgot about this site, seems a shame so I thought I would re-register and throw up some pictures etc. and say hi.

This is my 2002 Bug, it started life as a 2.0 5spd, then went on to have about 4k $ in Neuspeed parts and a built motor, closely followed by a broken motor. So in my hatred of the 2.0 I chucked it for a 2003 24v VR6 from a GTI, along with the 6spd trans. Took 2 1/2 weeks in my garage, cost me about 3 grand.

Mods are:
3" polished custom CAI
GIAC direct port flash
Eurosport 2.5" cat back
Lineage grounding kit
Unorthodox Racing 9lb Flywheel
Optima yellow top battery relocated to the trunk
HPA short throw shifter
Eurojet v 1.0 Coilovers
Chrome ABD strut brace
R32 front brakes
Eurospec 11" X drilled/slotted rear brake upgrade
19" Mille Miglia Evo 5 wheels
OEM European rear valance
Freedom design rear spoiler
Hand laid fiberglass lower grille, made it myself
polished valve cover, engine mount, trans mount/ bracket, SS, tensioner, soon to do the alternator and Trans too.
GTI cluster swap
Another custom fiberglass center dual gauge console
All black headliner, GLI trim etc.
Alpine HU Pioneer speakers, kenwood 700w amp for the RF 12" HX sub
and my own custom fiberglass sub enclosure
E code headlights, smokes signals, tail lights, stubby antennae
lots of little stuff....

Im here in Arizona, Im a full time Ford technician, and I work for Eurojet Racing, thats it I guess....

Hi

and my Favorite trophy !

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Nice ride! As a full time Ford technician, you work on some nice rides too (Mustangs, Saleen & Roush Mustangs or trucks). Must be a pretty hard life to live.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I like that girls' skirt. I wish I was thin...... :lol:

I've seen you at the 'tex. I've always marveled that you fit that behemoth into that bug. :eek: Thanks for joining the friendly bunch, and Welcome! :wave3:

·
kind of new member...
5 Posts
Omfg

i remember you from vwvortex!
your NB is SWEET, any chance i could get you to drop a VR6 in my 98? i have the cash, just cant find anyone to do it.

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
Welcome back. Very Sweet NB! You are very talented. I wish I was half as knowlegdable as you are. Which one was your favorite trophy? the hardware or the girl? lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thaks for the compliments

Yes, the "friendly" bunch was deffinitely the reason i decided to pop back in here....:rolleyes: sometimes Vortex gives me headaches, but i do alot of business through there so i have to cope.

Anyone who is willing to get their car to tempe Arizona, and drop some $$ I'd be glad to drop an engine in there.

Only see a handfull of Roush or Saleen come through, the Cobras are nice cars too. But from my standpoint I dread working on them, everything is so cramped in there and as soon as an aftermarket co. gets their hands on it EVERYTHING changes so it makes tracking parts or diag-ing alot harder. Guess its bitter sweet, besides my car will walk alot of GTs anyways :)

·
kind of new member...
5 Posts
as soon as my wife clears it i'm driving down to AZ, and taking a week or so of leave :)

maybe pm me with a $ figure (work included) i'll see how she feels about chopping up the NB.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first you gotta find an engine, and trans, and all the bits and pieces needed for a swap, probably take 2 weeks

·
Thomas
361 Posts
I know we're on a NB site so I'll keep it short. I also have a 91 Mustang GT, but I know what you mean about space in the newer Stangs. A buddy of mine has an 03 Cobra, and I have more interior space than he does! Now getting back to your ride.....How does it handle with the added weight up front? I also had an 01 Jetta VR6, but didn't care for it too much. The engine was fine, but the quality of the rest of the car wasn't all that great. I'd love to see the look on the face of anyone in a GT as you fly past them! :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I meant engine compartment space, any serious repairs involving pulling an engine etc. or the notorious manifold leak on the left side sucks to do especially when dealing with afterm,arket compionenets that are not as second nature to me to remove

By relocating the battery to the rear and some other unnecessary components as well as removing the spare and rear seat etc. the balance is alot better, the height/dampening adj coilovers from Eurojet, the co. i work for made a huge difference too, its been fine tuned to my liking and i like it just fine.

The looks on gti drivers faces is good, but the look on mustang owners faces is better :)

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Yeah, I know you meant the engine bay. What I meant is all of that space taken up in the engine compartment has taken residence in the interior. Can't remember if I made a mistake and talked about the look on the face of a gti driver, but I meant a GT driver. At any rate, love the way the car looks and glad that you pass out a spanking every now and then.:D

·
Super Moderator
1,138 Posts
Thanks for the pic! Of the car <em>and</em> the girl. ;)

I'm going to move this thread to our member Beetle photo area, where it probably is more appropriate. Welcome back!

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
looks like im not going vr6... cant stick my turbo back their. hehe

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
If you keep the blue trophy, in one or 2 years time it will be stowed under something, on th eother hand the other trophy (the woman) can give you a lifetime of memories!!!

AWESOME RIDE !!!

BTW what the heck is that duck tape doing in your antenna in the 2 pic?

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
Sweet ride dude!

I remember reading your build-up thread on Vortex. I knew you must have been a highly skilled person to have accomplished this in your garage. RIGHT ON!

Have you ever dynoed this thing? Oh, and your car reminds me of...

·
Thomas
361 Posts
In your write up on the vortex :thumbsdn: (to them, not you) did you hit something when you took it for your first test ride? If that's you, I had a picture of your car on my screen saver at my old job. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts