NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Biodiesel mentioned on Opie and Anthony show today. Made me think of all you TDI people. Bravo for trying this out. I can't wait to get a TDI. Someday...

Anyway, they were talking about how Willie Nelson owns a biodiesel station, etc. It was something for all you XM listening Bean Burners.

John

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Sweet.

Willie Nelson has his own brand called BioWillie, and (obviously) uses it on his tour buss. The marketing angle they're using isn't so much that biodiesel is good fro the environment, but that biodiesel reduces our dependence on foreign oil and helps America's farmers. Personally, that's the way to advertise biodiesel.

·
Diesel Inside
359 Posts
I think both are great advantages and should be talked about...but yes, reducing our dependance on foreign anything is a good idea in my mind. Then you will have the naysayers arguing that BioD could never be produced fast enough to account for all the demand...but that's the the point. First of all, diesel engines will not make up 100% of our population. Europe has had diesel for a long time and it's only about 50% there. Additionally, not everyone will run 100% BioD...most people will probably run a mixture.

Anyway...it's just a good idea anyway you slice it. Additionally, I filled up with B99 in Ft Worth this weekend for 2.80 a gallon...not too bad.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
jpdeuce said:
filled up with B99 in Ft Worth this weekend for 2.80 a gallon...not too bad.
That's a great price for 99% US farmer produced fuel! My latest price has been $3.52/gal for B100 and I didn't feel bad because petro diesel around here is $2.99/gal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bio - Yeah

I just found out that Charlotte now has a bio-diesel station and its not too far out of my way! Last week it was selling for $3.25, but my wife bought diesel for $2.98. I just have to convince her that the extra money is good both for the car and the economy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts