NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone!
i have read the threads (2006-2007) about NB birth certificates being issued in the US for free. yey!:):) are they still doing this now?
i was just excited to get one for my Dorcas a 2007 red NB. I used to have a 2001 gecko green named Coco when we were in Bahrain and i never get to get her a birth certificate:(.
Now i want one for my Dorcas.
please help! :)
Is it available here in Canada? :)

thank you very much

... glen -- Dorcas' mommie:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can't get one from VW (or even if you can), there are those of us that will MAKE Birth Certificates if you want , nice frame-able ones.

I made one for Sting a few years back....

If you want one made, all I would needs is some GOOD hi-res photos and, along with the pertinent info to fill in the slots, and I'll make one for you :D
this is really a cool one!
hey! thanks for the offer! wow!
you make Dorcas happy!
i'll try to get a good hi-res pic of her.

cheerio!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Turbo Bug
11 Posts
I contacted VW both US and UK about the birth certificate.

VWUK have still yet to reply. :mad:

I had a message from VW USA and it appears you guys can still request one..........but it's limited to NB owners in the USA.

I can't get one :(

Would anyone with a certificate from VW kindly post it on here so I can see if I can produce my own VW version.

Thank you in advance,
Ian

·
I got one!!
7 Posts
I called the VW 800 822 8987 number today. They registered me as the new owner of 'Spyder', and, they will be sending my birth certificate to me in about 10 days!!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Excellent! And you put up the phone number...

Perfect, two birds with one stone! Still need to get to the Dealer and have your VIN checked for recalls that may still be open. I don't know of a way to do that by phone, unless you're Dealer will comply with a request (If I were a Dealer, I wouldn't), or online.

M.

·
Registered
203 Posts
How do you send your pics in? email? also... mine is painted a non-stock color... can i just tell them green? it was grey from the factory... thanks! so cute!

·
Bugs R Us
33 Posts
Extremely embarrassing, but i will be calling tomorrow. I am way in love with my buggy, and birth certificate will be cute thing to have. I also wonder how do you submit a photo.. Maybe they just leave a blank space on the certificate, and you can put photo yourself?

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
The certificates from VW do NOT have a picture on them. Evanrude made his own certificate with the pictures on it. He might be willing to make one for you if you send him a message..;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ordered Pixi Bug's BC today!!

Just ordered mine!!! I'm so excited, and hope it is a colorful one!!!

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
I kinda want one, but I think I would feel like a jerk calling and asking for one.:shy:
Don't even think twice about it! The people you will talk with are very friendly, and you also get the added benefit of being registered as the current owner if you bought your Beetle used.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I contacted VW both US and UK about the birth certificate.

VWUK have still yet to reply. :mad:

I had a message from VW USA and it appears you guys can still request one..........but it's limited to NB owners in the USA.

I can't get one :(

Would anyone with a certificate from VW kindly post it on here so I can see if I can produce my own VW version.

Thank you in advance,
Ian
I know this is a really old post but I do have a Volkswagen birth certificate draft

1 - 18 of 18 Posts