NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ToD 6, Count Down.
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned 4 Beetles, 3 from the sixty's and now my 03 Turbo S.

About a year ago I found the local VW club, The Greater Toledo Volkswagen Enthusiasts, nice group, very friendly and welcoming. But as the name implies it's a all Volkswagen and me I'm a Beetle guy. At there event I met a guy Dumbluebeetle, who turned me on to NB.org, love it here, with my other Beetle friends.

And with that and my job and a courier I have noticed several cool Beetles around NW Ohio and SE Michigan so I have started my own car club, The Black Swamp Beetles. The name comes from this area of NW Ohio, it was once know as the great black swamp, hence the name.

I have a yahoo group, but I can't figure out how to post the link here, and I may start a Face Book page for the club as well.

I figure that I'll make up some business cards for the club and every time I see a cool Beetle, I hand them a card and invite them to join, or I'll leave one under there wiper if I see one parked.

I have 1 member so far, Hi Tami.

I think a local Beetle club will be cool, cruises, GTG and crashing the local American muscle car shows.

So check out my group, there are NO Dues to join. And lets try for world domantion. ;):D

·
'Mary Jane' 08 Blue SE
34 Posts
Hey there Kevin! The business cards are a good idea but I can tell you from experience you won't get tons of members that way. We have cards for our LX car club and we may only hear from 1 out of 10 of the cards we put out. We put them on every LX car we see (Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum, and Chrysler 300). The best way to get members is through forums like this one. We started out with four people and now have over 130 in two years. It's that 'if you build it, they will come' kind of thing.

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
Hi Jay and thanks for the link, :confused: Darn computer types. Yes I hope to go to both, Pataskala and Fort Wayne :D Oh and your in the club :cool:

Hi Tami and thanks for the heads up on the business cards. I still may print some up, I want to try to hit the local v dub people around Toledo.

well theres those too :lol: But I meant the local club is gonna have a gtg super cruise in wauseon , and the club picnic :) , Let me know if you make up some cards, Ill help passem out I see Vws all the time too . Probably the same ones :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts