VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking at swapping to a black headliner on my 2000 NB. I plan to wrap the headliner and the A, B and C pillar trims in OEM quality foam-backed black headliner fabric from the local auto glass store. I'm thinking R32 (OEM black) visors, grab handles and map lights will fit.

But what do about the door seals? Has anyone re-trimmed these? Maybe R32 / GLI ones would fit?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Don't think the seals would necessarily fit right over. May be best to dye them black to match, though.

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
i have replaced my headliner with a black headliner, and swapped out my visors with a 20th ANNY GTI. these will work:

2004 GLI
R32 (2004)
20th anny GTI

those are the only ones who made black sun visors. i PLASTIDIPPED my sunroof controls, visor clips, seatbelt pretty pretty clip things (???) and i have (2) sunglass holders instead of the "oh sh1t" handles and they are plasti-dipped.

so........ i HAVE NOT tried a black door seal. kinda figured it wouldnt work back in 2004 on my last bug and never tried/thought about it again.

so...... yea. now im curious again. a gti and a jetta will have a bigger door opening than the bug. you could get one and cut to fit. 1 chance to do it though.

id like to know more about your findings. please keep me in the loop.

469-236-2202

-jd

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds cool! Got any pics? How does the plastidip match up to the stock rubberized coating. I hated the idea of painting stuff for the interior till I realized it's pretty much the same stuff anyway. :D

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
Sounds cool! Got any pics? How does the plastidip match up to the stock rubberized coating. I hated the idea of painting stuff for the interior till I realized it's pretty much the same stuff anyway. :D
ill post some pics later. honestly it turned out quite bad ass. best part is i can make it grey again just by peeling it off.

-jd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts