VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Black Velvet
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys today I just wanna share that I am officially going to make the switch to full on LED headlights. It's been something that I've been thinking about doing for a while and it would definitely would give my bug a new and different look. The transition would most likely happen between spring or summer months. I will post some pics when installed. Here are my bug's current state and what will look like when installed.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Keep in mind the wiring

I just put on a pair on my wife's 2006 convertible and they look great.

Her car is a dark blue so I added some chrome trim to it and it makes the VW emblem pop.

I have and issue with the wiring.
It seems the running lights and low beams are wired wrong for the 06 and the blinkers don't work at all.

I'll have to do some rewiring to get them working right.

I'll post a PIX when I get it all working properly and install the trim.

·
Registered
23 Posts
OK, I had to do some rewiring to get them to work correctly.
Below is a rough diagram of what I had to do.

The lights have a pin-out of this:

1 2 3 4 5 6
- - - - - -
- - - - - -
7 8 9 10 11 12

Pins 1,2,3,7,8,9 and 12 are all not connected to anything
Pins 4 and 10 go to GND.
Pin 5 is the run lights
Pin 6 is LO beam
Pin 11 is High Beam

I had to switch 5 and 6 to make it work right.
Turns out there are no blinkers on the headlights.
I still haven't figured what I am going to do with the big LED.

This pin out is only for the '06 to '10 Beetle.
I could not find any other that had this Pin out.

I had to figure it out for myself.
When I requested a pin out from the ebay seller, the bounced back with a weird response.

They wondered if I wanted a refund and stated they have no clue about the wiring.
When I posted a bad review, they contacted me back and after determining what I wanted and what kind of strange response, they sent me my money back in exchange for a positive update on my review.

All I wanted was some information but I got the idea their native language was not English and the translator may have misunderstood my request. I received a refund anyway and posted a positive response to my review but I still had top figure it out on my own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts