NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my 2008 VW Beetle S to my dealer for an oil change this morning. Once I left the dealership I drove about five miles and parked. As soon as I started the car back up the oil light started blinking, the skid notification light came permanently on, and the car beeped at me (three short beeps). I immediately headed back to the dealership, but was unable to drive over 40 mph without the car making horrible noises. The dealership looked briefly at the car and then told me that the oil was fine but that there was an electrical problem messing up all my sensors. "We'll give you a loaner and check it out". I'm not a big believer of coincidence, and am unconvinced they are telling me the truth. Is what they are claiming even possible, and if not what should I do next?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,009 Posts
Can you be more specific on the noises? Did you check the oil yourself at all?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly I did not think to check the oil myself until after I had turned the car back over to the dealership. The noise if I tried to go over forty was a whirring sound, kind of like if you don't shift gears in a timely manner. It was enough to convince me to keep the car below 40mph. My husband did go back to the dealer with one of those gizmos that tells you the error codes, but everything had already been reset. He checked the oil and said it looked fresh, but there is no way to be sure when it was topped off and they'd already had the car for a couple of hours. I'm waiting on today's call from them with a status update.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts