NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Country Buggin
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums and cannot find anything on this. I noticed last night that the fog light on the drivers side is out and I was looking to see how to change it. Any info? Is it something I can do? How to do it? What kind of replacement bulb is needed? Any insights will be great. Thanks
Joshua

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
Bulb is the same as your headlights, an H1 55W.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
sure you could do it, its not hard at all. its better to jack the car up on the side you are replacing so you can see it. the back cover of the foglamp screws off and you can get to the bulb and the little wire type clamps. pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Different year models may have different fog lamp assemblies where the bulb access is different from mine, so I can only guess as to the simularity of yours to mine. Most fog lamps require you to disconnect the connector off the rear fog lamp cap.Turn the rear cap portion of the lamp counter-clockwise pulling down. Disconnect the unshielded ground wire for the bulb and sqweeze the top of bulb retaining clip and rotate downward to release from reflector housing. Install is just the reverse. Never ever touch the bulb with your bare hands, fingers, ect. Use a paper towell or suitable protective covering when installing bulb back into the reflective housing. As stated in other posts, the replacement bulb is just a normal H-1, 55 watt bulb available at most any and all auto parts shops. Good Luck, JK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts