NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Well what a lovely time for my car to decide that it wanted to smash the 1st and reverse gear up....

My question is will the 6 speed box from a Mk4 golf GT TDI 150 fit in my TDI. Well i'm pretty sure it will fit but do i need new drive shafts ? will my clutch be fine or does that need to be a different type ?

Need this answered asap please as need to get sourcing a gearbox to get it fitted within a week.

Cheers.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
You can swap in a 6-speed but its not a direct swap. You'll need other parts. I know someone on here has done it (FallinApartBoy I think?).

What happened with your trans?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did some searching last night. It seems I need. New drive shafts and linkage, and also a clutch. It had a new clutch 15k miles ago so would be a waste to put another new one on. If it took my one it would of swapped it but looks like I'll be sticking with another 5 speed after all.

The 1st and reverse gear just whent in mine not sure why. They just decided to go. You can select them but they grind and bind real bad that you can't really use them. Cheers for the reply.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
x3 on the linkage. Don't go replacing the trans if you don't have to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts