VW Beetle Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I try to open those links and they are invalid. I'm trying to find a point to point. Is there one in there? That would be great find the way those wires go. I not think it's a short I think it's a break. Showing open.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Also I'm trying to fix the gauge part of the system the ecu is reading the correct temps. I'm trying to fix the blue light gauge part. I got one of the links to open it was talking about pins 3-4 on the plug those pins are for the ecu temp part. 1-2 are for the gauge/darn blue light.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
All the links work for me: you can search for what you are looking for: by going to the site and drilling down: (you may need to search for awhile; to find the exact diagrams and info you need)

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle GLS L4-2.0L (AVH) (2001) > Powertrain Management > Sensors and Switches - Powertrain Management > Sensors and Switches - Computers and Control Systems > Coolant Temperature Sensor/Switch (For Computer) >

http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I must be blind because I can't find a point to point anywhere.. This sucks.. All I am trying to do is find out where wires 1 and 2 go so I can splice in a new wire to see if that's the issue. But have ran into dead ends all I've seen is how to trouble shoot the other pins 3 and 4.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
Where are you at; in your troubleshooting and repair process?:

1. have you run the tests; as per the vw factory service manual in the above links?
a. wiring
b. temp sensor

2. have you purchased and replaced the terminal ends, plug; with parts from the vw dealer?

3. have you cleared all codes and then; driven the car with the above steps completed, to see the results of the repairs, are?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Finally fixed!!! Thanks Billy!! The point to point you sent me was a big help!! Pulled the cluster out and was in the process of testing pins 1-2 of the temp plug (gauge part of cts) found that pin 8 is cts wire 1 it's purple. I wasn't getting anything thru that pin to the cts. I then pulled the plug apart and found that the purple wire going to pin 8 was broken!!! Cut it back and recrimpted it back on and put the car back together, drove for less than 5 mins!! It's off!! After 2 months and waste of $120 bucks it was a darn broke pin wire!!

Thanks again billy!! Owe ya!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts