NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.. so I've been a member of the org for a couple months but haven't really got involved until now..

So i'm 18 at this point.. and this is my first car: My 2000 techno blue NB. :D

She's a 2.0L GLS (I think?) 5speed manual. And she's basically stock.. Except for the 12disc JVC shuttle

The only work I've had to do is replace her thermostat and a pipe because she kept overheating and vomiting green antifreeze all over. R600. And then I had a little accident and had to have my left running board (sill) panel beaten.. (R2600) Stil my favourite car though :D

The first thing I wanna do is put some new wheels on her!! But for now.. here are a couple shots! These were taken the day after I got her.. The owners sold her to me dirty :confused: So I washed her good and clean :)

Chris.

*PS... Plava Laguna means the Blue Lagoon :)
*PPS... That front left hubcap that's missing has been replaced.. like 9 months since I first got her!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
She looks beautiful! I am glad that she now is with a loving new owner. :party:

Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She looks beautiful! I am glad that she now is with a loving new owner. :party:

Welcome to the Org! :wave2:
Hey, thanks for welcome.. I've read so many threads and see you EVERYWHERE :p

Funny enough this little bug had 3 owners before me.. So I was surprised when she was in such good shape when I found her!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A doppelganger..

So I went to get take-out last night.. and when i came back to my car.. look what was parked next to me.. I've seen this bug around a couple times.. It's got nice chrome wheels.. and I believe it's an RS version? :bowdown:

* My bug is on the right. Please excuse quality.. The only camera I had on my was my phone..:banghead:

Attachments

·
treiber gefunden
882 Posts
Cool twins. Not an rs, far from it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool twins. Not an rs, far from it.
Then what is it?? o_O

If you look under the side indicator it has an 'R'? Unless that's just some personalisation..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not even TS, but :cool: they parked next to you. :D How many miles on that uber clean car? Keep the pics coming. :)
When I bought her she had just crossed the 170 000km mark.. I've since put about 8000km further on her..

And yes.. she's clean :D I keep her that way :D

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Then what is it?? o_O

If you look under the side indicator it has an 'R'? Unless that's just some personalisation..
Looks just like your's but dropped, new shoes, and tint with an R Badge. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Haha ok.. I'll take your word for it :blahblah: :p

Nevermind.. lol Looked up the RSi... Not a chance in hell that this doppelganger was that

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you! I love my bluebeet as well :)

Greetings from South Africa :p

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well you got a pretty buggy,I also have a Techno Blue Beetle..Mines a 2001 1.8 Turbo...Welcome to the org..And drive Happy:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys look what I found today :D Grandpa! haha Any idea what year he could be? I had to park next to him..

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys.. Hope you're ready for the weekend...

So something odd happened today.. I work during the day, so my car gets parked outside my boss' house.. it's in shade part of the day but sun the rest..

So today I bring the van I drive back to his house and move my car to switch parking spots, and it was so hot inside, so I tried to open both windows.. the passenger's went down fine but the driver's side window made some clunks and jerks on the way down? If you have any idea what this is, please enlighten me o_O There also seem to be like lines vertically down that window (if you look from the inside) as if its now scraping on something on the way down..

I just spent R2800 having the left side sill (running board) fixed, I don't really need to pay for another work shop person to hum and ah over what to do.. any advice?

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
So I got off work early this Friday arvie and came home and decided to wash my moderately (for me atleast) dirty, bug.

So I took some pics :) I spent quite a couple hours getting her cleaner then she's been in months..

I also realised I have not posted any interior pics, so here are a few.. (I also polished (or fed you could say) my leather seats)

You can see my mom's mk1 golf in the background.. That car was bought from a VW dealer, and has stayed, as my car has, completely stock since we've had her.

Enjoy, and have a great weekend :)

** These photos were taken using my 12mp Sony Ericsson Satio (U1 in some regions) Not bad for a phone's camera hey?? :p

** One more thing.. 2.slow? I don't think so! Not after today at the traffic light! :roflmao: Some dumb ass in his little Ford Fiesta thought he'd stop by and give me this look that so obviously asks to take me on.. Needles to say, he failed. Epically :D Go bug :roflmao:

Attachments

·
Ziggy's Mom
436 Posts
Ummm... I don't want to be the one to break it to you, but..... you're sterring wheel is on the wrong side. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ummm... I don't want to be the one to break it to you, but..... you're sterring wheel is on the wrong side. :D
Ummm... I don't mean to break it to you, but I'm on the other side of the world :p We drive on the left side of the road. The right would just feel abnormal :p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts