NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got a question for you guys. My beetle has a 5x100 bolt pattern with a 42mm offset and a 16x6.5 wheel. How hard would it be to get a 17x7.5, 51mm offset, 5x112 bolt pattern on it? I'm not sure how all that works.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
You would need a wheel adapter, 5-100 to 5-112 (very common), that is also 10mm thick to get you back to the stock numbers but I'm not sure if they make them? As is, with just an 5-100 to 5-120 adapter, they would be sticking inward too far & rub on your strut coils.

You also need to know what the hub bore diamter on the 17" wheels are too to make sure you order the correct adapters

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'm getting a set of "goal" vw oem rims. I'm not sure what the bore is on them. I believe they're from a rabbit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on my monte carlo's the centerbore is 57.1 as far as I can tell. And the Goal's are the same. They should work with a 5x100 to 5x112 10mm thick 57.1mm bore adapter/spacer right? Thanks in advance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Here are the specs on your current wheel: Monte_Carlo_.jpg

Here are the specs on the "Goal" wheel you're talking about: Goal.jpg

You currently have a 42mm backspace, the Goals have a 50mm backspace. The goals are going to be sitting 8mm closer to your strut, so a 10mm spacer/adapter should work

It doesn't mention bore size, which, I would imagine would be the same, but don't quote me on that. Do some research to be sure. Call the company you are going to buy them from & ask.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are the specs on your current wheel: Monte_Carlo_.jpg

Here are the specs on the "Goal" wheel you're talking about: Goal.jpg

You currently have a 42mm backspace, the Goals have a 50mm backspace. The goals are going to be sitting 8mm closer to your strut, so a 10mm spacer/adapter should work

It doesn't mention bore size, which, I would imagine would be the same, but don't quote me on that. Do some research to be sure. Call the company you are going to buy them from & ask.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Much appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts