NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evening All

New to the Forum - great site by the way :)

My Mrs has a 2005 Cab Tdi, which has been a top motor, however, can't get the bloody boot lid to operate ...

the problem then, the release button in the door pocket and the middle button on the key fob do not work the actuator, so I pulled the manual override red plastic cord to open the lid manually from the inside, removed the plastic cover which revealed a broken wire – Happy days, nice and easy I thought, remade a connection ….

… but still no joy.
To test the actuator, I put a direct 12v to the positive side of the actuator and it worked, so my problem seems to not be in the boot itself.
I have checked all the fuses, no problem there, so going to start on the relays …

This gets more frustrating, been to a main dealer today, they could not shed any light on it and just said it had to be plugged in …
I found a Haynes manual, couldn’t mind any relay for this operation. I took the switch out the door to check wires here, operating the switch I can hear a faint click from under the dash, so I assume from this its not the switch.

So there we have it, I'm now Stuck, I hate to have to admit defeat , but run out of ideas now ....

p.s. I did lots of searching on this Forum, but couldn't find anything near to this, but apologise in advance if this has been done before

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find what was causing your problem? I am now suffering a very similar problem. The trunk lid worked fine yesterday, but today it will not close (slam shut and the latch won't engage) and when I use the door trunk release button I hear a clicking but not sound from the trunk door at all.

I too can't find any fuses that would explain it and am confused why the lid won't latch AND the release not actuate either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya

Still no joy here, I have stripped the loom back and been wiggling wires about to try get this to work, but blower if I can find it.

I'm still hoping a reset of fault codes may help ... But most unlikely.

My search continues ...

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I'm going to have a quick look in the Bentley for you.

MORAV

·
MattMan
3 Posts
Fixed mine

Dudes,

Wife got home lil while ago and said trunk wont shut. No action whatsoever with the remote or key in the lock except the interior light would come on. Also the latch would close easy but would not lock. Saw Jimbo's pic and took the trunk interior trim down and noticed the white actuator was bulging and coming apart. I kept squeezing it and it finally went together and then it released(unlocked). Pushed latch closed with my hand and then hit the trunk button and the unlock action was a harsh (normal) whack and the actuator bulged again. I grabbed a couple tie wraps and kinda criss-crossed them on the actuator. Works good. I think the quick whack was becuase no restriction from the lower latch. I think your problems may be inside the actuator itself.
Matt

·
I told you so!
56 Posts
I have the same problem as Jimbo. The trunk will not open with either the key fob or the door switch. After manually opening the trunk from the inside, I poked around and found the following:

- The trunk actuator works fine mechanically and if you put direct 12v to it.
- The trunk actuator is getting only 3v through the wiring. This is the same whether I use the key fob or door switch.
- The door switch mechanism is getting 12v power to it.

So the problem is that the actuator is not getting full voltage. I took apart the switch mechanism at the door, and couldn't fully understand the wiring. It would help if someone could provide the wiring diagram for the door switch, and better if I could get the schematic all the way to the trunk.

The only other thought is that there must be a short somewhere. I tried checking the wiring at the trunk hinge, but that seems to be a lot of work and I stopped there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am having the same problem on my vw beetle 2010 ..my boot will not open using the remote or door switch , no sound or whirring is heard
I have taken th e black plastic cover off and removed the actuator and tried a new one on eBay and hope I had fixed the problem but no joy !
I don’t think it the fuse as the interior boot light is on
Weirdly the indicator light flashes when I press and hold the remote when the actuator is disconnectedIncomplete Pass but doesn’t flash when I connect the actuator .....is this a wiring issue ? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am having the same problem on my vw beetle 2010 ..my boot will not open using the remote or door switch , no sound or whirring is heard
I have taken th e black plastic cover off and removed the actuator and tried a new one on eBay and hope I had fixed the problem but no joy !
I don’t think it the fuse as the interior boot light is on
Weirdly the indicator light flashes when I press and hold the remote when the actuator is disconnectedIncomplete Pass but doesn’t flash when I connect the actuator .....is this a wiring issue ? Thanks
Hi, did you ever fix this problem. I have got a 2010 beetle and it does'nt have any power to the actuator. Thanks Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts