NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Me Gusta!
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I posted earlier that I was going to buy '02 Silver Turbo S and asked a question about warranty. So, VW dealer that I was going to buy it screwed up and couldn't honor the deal that we have agreed to.

Anyway, few days ago I picked up '03 Grety Turbo S with 35,000 from nearby Ford dealership. Got a pretty good deal for it and my trade as well. Condition of it is truly immculate. Beutiful inside and out. Somebody must have taken very good care of it. It's my first manual car as well, so I still suck with it and I hope with more practise my skills will improve.

I'll try to get some pics later on.

I had a questions about gauge pod. I wanna put one that goes on top of center console with 3 gauges. I was thinking to put boost, water temp, and oil pressure, but I really don't know if it's very hard to install those. I by no ways want to race or abuse the car, but it just lacks those gauges.

I hope I'll have good time in this community as well as riding the bug!

Matas

·
Me Gusta!
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I see the thread got moved to introductions forum, so I might as well introduce myself :)

My name is Matas and I'm from Lombard, IL. I'm 16 years old, pretty damn young to have such a nice car (except payments) :)

My other car that I traded in was 1997 Taurus SHO V8. Was definately nice car, but way to old and it was hard to maintain it since I don't do my own work.

Matas

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on your new car! I think if I wasn't in such a time crunch when I got my NB, I would've opted for the Turbo S. I'm sure that you'll have a good time here and as far as getting a gauge pod, just do a search and you'll get more than enough information. As far as driving a stick, you'll get the hang of it as time goes on. Just take it easy and you'll be okay in no time.:)

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Hi. Autometer makes a top-dash pod, and your gauge choices are good.

If you're mechanically inclined, the oil pressure and water temp are not hard to do, the oil pressure sender I did myself, there is a great write-up on the .org on how to do that, and the water temp. should be pretty self explanitory. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Have fun with your Turbo S. I love mine! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts