NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just joined the club. I bought a 2000 red Beetle. Didn't snap any pics yet, but I will take some soon.

Just a few questions right off the bat though (Should I put these somewhere else?)

1. One of the headlight covers is cloudy. Is there a way to clear it up, or do I need a new one?

2. The front right speaker clips out. It has an aftermarket stereo that probably blew it. Should I look at aftermarket parts or try and find a used/new one?

·
Reverse engineered UFO's
64 Posts
Welcome to the NB club! There are products that can improve your headlights. I use "Scratch Out" but there are others. Just follow instructions and see what happens. These products are available at Wally World or auto part stores.
As to the speaker, it could be a loose connection but since bug is 10 years old, I would replace the pair of them. You can go to a auto sound shop and see what is available. If you are handy you can check eBay sometimes oem speakers are available cheap from some that have upgraded... good luck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome, On the headlight i would try the product they sale at the local auto parts store to clean the headlight if that dont work you just have to replace it. I got the same thing on my driver side headlight and going to try it too.. post pics soon

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Welcome to the party:)

There's several scratch/cloudy lens removers out there that'll do the job. My preference is the 3M kit- used it on my wife's PT Cruiser and the lenses, which I thought were scrap are like new again.

And I have to agree with Rubie2006TDI, your speakers are more than likely gone the way of the dodo bird. Those surrounds get brittle and have probably crapped out- it's happened to me as well as many others here. a 6.5" round speaker will do you right:)

Again, welcome to the org. Don't be a stranger- post often....the wealth of info will be a big help to you and your beetle.

and start a photo thread when you can- we love the pics:D

·
Super Moderator
14,750 Posts
Welcome to the Org! :wave2: Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

I'd say, if the headlight and speaker issues are the only things, you're doing pretty good for a 12 year old! :bigthumb:

I look forward to those pics! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts