NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full bra for the above NB's. Bought from the folks that bought out the Le Bra folks. Don't remember their name. As new and only used a few months. $50 shipped to the lower 48 states. Please don't reply to this thread as I won't be monitoring it. Send an e-mail to;

thistime4you (at) gmail (dot) com with beetle bra as the subject.

Help support our Cuenca Ecuador relocation fund:D

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What? Too expensive? Make a sensible offer. Want it gone.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
IDK how I missed this post to begin with. If I could only afford it I would soooo buy it. I don't have any plans of ever putting a bra on my Iggy and hiding her awesome pink emblem, but I'm guessing my first love bug season with her will change my tune :p Is it the type that will cover my entire front end from the front emblem all the way down to the fog lights?

Love bugs are abundant little buggers around here, and although they are less harmless than flies, when they are out in such abundance they make short work of the paint on the front of any vehicle unlucky enough to be traveling our roads. Wish I could completely hibernate during their time :pinch:

I see you are a maiden voyager...are you going to be at ToD this year? If so, I am too. If you still have this I could save the shipping and buy it from you while we are there?

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Oops, just saw your mention of e-mailing/not following this post. E-mail sent :eek:

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem IggysMom :D Totally understand the love bug thing. Before moving to Aiken, SC we lived in Naples Florida. And yes, they'll do a number on your paint if not removed quickly.

Yes, a maiden voyager. Actually the original organizer of the ToD weekend event but handed the reins off to Al (scarabY2k) last year. With luck, by ToD 2K13, we'll be residents of Cuenca Ecuador. Or as soon as our house here sells that is :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
You're moving to Equador? What for???:confused:

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Gary is the man!!! the founding father of TOD, and an all around awesome dude.

TOD is great because of Gary and his vision. he will be forever credited & praised for the great event that is TOD.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're moving to Equador? What for???:confused:
Basically to get away. Spend the remaining years doing what we want to do, not what is dictated by an employer or our failing government. Let's see. 3rd world country with 1st world health care and free to citizens over 65. Strong emphasis on education. Gas at $1.48 a gallon and diesel at $1.03. Currency is the US dollar. A democracy with an elected president. And we can't wait:D Cuenca is one of the only cities in the world that has 4 rivers flowing thru it. It's also a UNESCO world heritage site.:cool: Any of our dub friends are welcome to come visit.:)

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ya, and we also have our eye on a 74, type 4 powered 15 window Brazilian bus:cool:

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:D

TOD is great because of Gary and his vision. he will be forever credited & praised for the great event that is TOD.

ToD is what it is solely due to the maiden voyagers who insist on maintaining it :)

Still love ya Al

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Yes, a maiden voyager. Actually the original organizer of the ToD weekend event but handed the reins off to Al (scarabY2k) last year.
---------------------------------------:bowdown:
------------------------------------:bowdown::bowdown:
------------------------------:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
---------------------------:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

OMG!!! I didn't realize I was posting in the presence of such greatness :eek:

Now I feel like I need to take out some sort of loan to buy this bra if I have to so that a piece of vwgary will continue to grace the curves of ToD forevermore (of course I will have to pass it on to another ToD participant in my will in the event of my demise so it can keep on going even after I can't...:)). I love your yellow bug btw, is it a CC? Are you taking Sunshine with you to Ecuador?

Too right mang...anybody that started something like ToD has got to be all around awesome and forever praised :cool:

I feel like I just met a famous actor or the president or something even bigger (dare I say George Washington or Abraham Lincoln?). I owe a huge thanks to Gary for founding this event that I am waiting ever so patiently for (Is it May yet???).

Basically to get away. Spend the remaining years doing what we want to do, not what is dictated by an employer or our failing government. Let's see. 3rd world country with 1st world health care and free to citizens over 65. Strong emphasis on education. Gas at $1.48 a gallon and diesel at $1.03. Currency is the US dollar. A democracy with an elected president. And we can't wait:D Cuenca is one of the only cities in the world that has 4 rivers flowing thru it. It's also a UNESCO world heritage site.:cool: Any of our dub friends are welcome to come visit.:)
You make that move sound amazing, if they had a VA hospital over there I would have to transfer and move too (after May of course ;)). With such an amazing way of putting things, no wonder you were able to found ToD. I've been effectively convinced to move to Ecuador after reading just one three line post :)

Rest assured that if I ever go over there to visit I will be sure to show up on your doorstep with my luggage in hand even though I've never met you in person (unless of course your move is delayed and you join us this year after all?). I could just bring a tent and camp out in your yard.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
BTW, did you get my e-mail?

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW, did you get my e-mail?
Yes I did :) And feel free to e-mail anytime. We established the G-mail account when we sold watches (hence the "thistime4you" handle). We've begun using it again so friends can keep intouch once we move. They don't have Atlantic Broadband in Ecuador:p

Sunshine was built at the end of the "sport" model run just before the CC's. Has all the same stuff (Recaro seats) except not two tone.

Sunshine can't come to Ecuador with us :( They don't allow cars more than 3 years old into the country. We're old aircooled bus folks so will be buying a Brazilian bus once we get there.

Sunshine, thankfully, is going to great friend and Org member. I won't mention her name tho ;)

And again, to any Org friends, la oferta de alojamiento en caso de que alguna vez visita Ecuador es genuina :D

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Yes I did :) And feel free to e-mail anytime. We established the G-mail account when we sold watches (hence the "thistime4you" handle). We've begun using it again so friends can keep intouch once we move. They don't have Atlantic Broadband in Ecuador:p

Sunshine was built at the end of the "sport" model run just before the CC's. Has all the same stuff (Recaro seats) except not two tone.

Sunshine can't come to Ecuador with us :( They don't allow cars more than 3 years old into the country. We're old aircooled bus folks so will be buying a Brazilian bus once we get there.

And again, to any Org friends, la oferta de alojamiento en caso de que alguna vez visita Ecuador es genuina :D
Wow. Only 3 years. That's pretty new. Glad she's going to stay in the org. Good luck getting your bus. That'll be cool. Glad your offer still stands on visiting. I'll have to look you up when I go over there to house hunt before retirement ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
"SunShine" 01 1.8T 5sp.
1,671 Posts
Maybe we will see sunshine at TOD... That would be so SWEET!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts