VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2007 convertible serviced 2 times in the last 3 weeks (and spent almost 1,300) and this is happening now. When I start the car the red brake light flashes and beeps and all these lights come on. Help? Thank you :cry: Measuring instrument Speedometer Vehicle Car Auto part

·
Registered
11 Posts
What was the original problem, or what work was performed at the shop? Like stated above though, a vagcom scan can pinpoint what all these issues are.

Does the ABS light flash with the brake light?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was taken in for a 70,000 mile checkup. Also the trunk would not open, window was acting up, airbag and engine lights were on. So they did a scan both times. The ABS is not flashing. Thank you!

·
Registered
17,344 Posts
If you just spent a bunch of money at a shop; you could take it back to them and have them check it out. Are the issues; related to what you had repaired before? If the same problems are happening; then, they may fix the issues or diagnose for free. Because of the money you spent; I would ask them to give you an estimate before charging you for any more repairs (if that is the case).

If you want to try to diagnose problems yourself; I would say buy a vw scan tool. For a basic one on amazon; check out the VS450. This will give you the ability to read trouble codes; you can post the codes up here and we can try to help you.

Please let us know: if you want to fix things yourself or have a professional do the repairs?

Check out the scan tool here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ds=vs450+scan+tool&rh=i:aps,k:vs450+scan+tool

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did take it back and for the second time they couldn't fix it. I will take it to a different shop. Thank you for the link for the scan tool. I will have to take it to a shop for repairs. My husband does change my oil for me but that's about all he can do :)

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I will have to think about this and respond back in a bit, but since the tach shows the engine running and all the other lights are on, shooting from the hip I am thinking a bad ground/electrical related problem or even maybe a problem ignition switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.