NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I keep seeing a puddle on ground underneath the front right wheel. (Well, it's closer to the front right wheel)

Could this be brake fluid? Could my brake fluid be leaking?

Or is it just a/c? - Also I think I'm in need of some more freon because my car isn't blowing out cold air like it should.

Last Friday when I got the car a car wash, when it was time for me to slowly move forward, my brake kept making a little noise until I was out of there. Once I pulled out of the car wash building that I was in, I didn't hear that noise again.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Have you touched it to see what color it is? Is it oily or water? See anything wet on the car above it?

When your brakes get wet, they can flash rust (just surface) and they will make noise until you get the rust off by using them, so I bet thats the noise you heard.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you touched it to see what color it is? Is it oily or water? See anything wet on the car above it?

When your brakes get wet, they can flash rust (just surface) and they will make noise until you get the rust off by using them, so I bet thats the noise you heard.
I haven't touched it. So I'll have to do that.

Maybe it is what I heard. Dunno. Because by the time I finally got out of the car wash, it wasn't doing it anymore.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smileybug- I did feel it when I came back from the grocery store. And the liquid /wetness dripping from it was clear.

Although, now I'm still wondering if they should look at my brakes. I mean they just replaced the brake pads and replaced the rotor. But I had to push my foot all the way down to make my car stop in time.

I mean they just did the brake pads in of end of May / beginning of June (of this year.)

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Were you running your AC? Its probably just condensation from the AC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts