VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got this paper a few weeks ago...

as you can see, i scheduled an appointment for this past friday, which i totally forgot about and will be rescheduling.

i've never had any sort of problem with my brake lights or the brake switch or anything like that, so im not terribly concered that the work has been delayed a week or so.

my question is: has anyone else got one of these? or is this some old recall circa 98-99 that the previous owner never fulfilled?

the reason i ask the second part is because i havent seen the slightest mention of this recall on the org, nor can i find it on any of the general recall bulletin sites.

any info is gladly appreciated. thanks a bunch :wave3:

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
It is a recall for the 98-00 models, and it's not new news. Apparently, the previous owner didn't get it fixed. Take it in for the repair, even if it does not need it, cause they'll put a newer part in. I don't remember all that could go wrong, but brake lights not turning off was one of the issues.

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kcfoxie said:
It is a recall for the 98-00 models, and it's not new news. Apparently, the previous owner didn't get it fixed. Take it in for the repair, even if it does not need it, cause they'll put a newer part in. I don't remember all that could go wrong, but brake lights not turning off was one of the issues.

thanks - that pretty much answers the question totally. i'll take it in asap and have it fixed.

this ordeal makes me wonder how many other things the previous owner didnt do...

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
don't know. while its there have them do any other recalls, if applicable. The 2.0 is a very, very tough engine to kill. Even if they ran it without oil for a while, I think it'd be OK mechanically. Theses cars have more electrical gremlins than mechanical issues, in most cases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.