VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took my Beetle to a VW mechanic yesterday to have it checked out (I really wanted to do it BEFORE I bought the car, but wasn't able too... The dealer gave me three days to return the car for whatever reason). Anyways, the mechanic drove it around the block and then looked it over. He said there was an oil leak (a slow leak) under it and that I would need to get a new Vacuum Pump. I went back to the dealer and they looked at it today and they said it wasn't an oil leak. They said something about the gasket being moist and that's where the fluid is dripping from, but they said it wasn't oil and made it seem like it wasn't much of a big deal. I am not sure what the Vacuum Pump does, but I really don't think it is something I want to keep my eye on.

Another thing the mechanic found was that three lower engine covers were missing. The dealer has ordered them and will put them on.

He also mentioned something about the front shock boots (or covers?) "looked like something attacked them and they're coming apart." He also said we might be able to let that part go, only because to fix them we'd have to take the struts off.

He also found the the left C.V boot was ripped. I don't remember the dealer mentioning anything about this.

I would like opinions and advice please! I'm kind if at a loss over what to do. The dealer said my warranty should cover all the repairs...

·
Registered
39 Posts
if they gave you 3 days to return the vehicle...RETURN IT before it is too late.
Once they make the repairs you can buy it back. If you wait until the 3 days expire they will drag their feet and say they wont fix this or that..
Keep the ball in your court...get your money back

1 - 2 of 2 Posts