NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how to explain it. I just got my brake pads and rotor taken care of a couple of months ago. And brakes were working fine up until This past Thursday (Yesterday) when I noticed if I'm going 35-40, it seems like it's a little harder to slow down because the brake doesn't feel as solid to the touch when I press my foot down on the brake even a little bit. I have to put my foot all the way down to get it to slow down.

I mean it's still hard. The brakes haven't gone soft.

It seems easier to stop when I'm driving slower. Like when I'm going 25.

When I did get my brake pads done, they did accidentally put on a little cheaper brake pads. But it's only been a few months so I'm not sure it's the brake pads.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the rotors are glazed over. That will make it harder to stop. Cheaper brake pads seem to do this to rotors faster. One thing is never go cheap on brakes.
So your thinking the rotor needs to be looked at? It's like okay, I swear this was more solid a day or day ago. What happened to the brakes? I thought maybe I went over a few bumps that hit something that connects to my brakes or something.

Darn cheap brake pads. Why did they put cheap brake pads on there by accident! Price wise YAY. anything else, YUCK!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Supercharged98 - I do have appt Monday morning. Originally to get freon for the car. But I will ask if they can check the brakes. And explain what's going on with the brakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts