VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello NB Lovers! Brandi the Newbie here. I have decided to dive head first into personalizing my little beetle guy (my first, purchased Feb 2014). His name originally was Bruiser, then I changed it to Starby (you'll soon see why). I have added a stubby antenna, rear spoiler, door grabs, and lots and lots of paint and vinyl graphics. But there is oh so much more to do because I will eventually change the ENTIRE interior color to turquoise when complete. But here's what I've done so far. I'll add to this as I complete more projects.
P.S. I want to thank all of the members who have posted 'How To' threads and links! You guys are the ones who have unknowingly assisted me through this journey and you are continuing to do so. Super Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
I love how you are making this your own!

Take a peek at "harlequinpixie" Batik Blue photo thread.

You may get some inspiration!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right!

Harlequinpixie's ride is sharp and so is Evilina! I love this site! This is my new favorite place to be. Well here, in my car, and in my driveway personalizing my car. :)

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Hello,

My name is Johnny Ohio. I am a Batik Blue junkie. I learned through therapy, that other colors do exist.;)

We are few, but we are strong.

Welcome to the Batik Side.

Johnny O

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Wow! Very nice beetle. Starby (cool name) is very cool and unique..you're taking your boy in a nice direction. I can't recall seeing a turquoise-accented new beetle. I say the color works very well with the Batlik Blue.

Looking forward to follow Starby's progress.

Wish you coulda joined us 2 weeks ago at TOD. Had 50 cars in attendance...next time :)

Welcome to the family.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

Johnny Ohio, I didn't know that I wanted a Batik Blue beetle until I found one and then I became obsessed. I test drove several but I really wanted the "navy" one (what I kept calling it before I knew the name of the color blue) then all the stars lined up (pun intended) and I got it! So, needless to say the decor fits in more ways than one. I'm so happy to join the Batik Blue club!
scaraY2k - I was so disappointed to realize I had just missed TOD. I've already inquired to Round Cars for info on 2015 and I've watched some videos of TODs past. Starby will be very blue by then! Thanks for the vote of confidence. Turquoise is quite soothing to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yay! Love Starby! Great star side design. :bigthumb: Welcome to the Org!:wave: We are not too far from ya and hopefully you'll join us for future get togethers!

-Shonnel
Hey so I just noticed your license plate. Depeche Mode! I'm quite the fan too. Your graphics are also fabulous! If I hadn't gone with Turquoise it would have been Pink. Simply awesome interior too!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts