Org Las Vegas mini gtg ~January 2007~
Org The Price is Wrong/Disneyland Los Angeles gtg ~March 2007~
Org Catalina Island/Crazyjames gtg ~April 2007~
Vortex Phoenix2Flagstaff III ~May 2007~
Org Danny's<insertcrazystatehere>bbq/gtg Kingman Arizona ~July 2007~

VIDEOS of BB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR-qdPksNtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53V-Wv8LEfY

These first two pictures are from the day I came home with BB from the dealership:

BB's Plate:

BB with her borrowed full coverage "crawler" style perfect fit bra for a ROAD TRIP:

As most of you know, I lost my 1998 Jetta GLX VR6 2.8L on January 12, 2006. The only thing stopping me from having a quarter life crisis were the people that make .org awesome and my 2001 Techno Blue GLS 2.0L New Beetle.

I Bought BB from her original owner, who liked to snowboard up north (yes, here in Arizona), so the car had some dents, scratches and the interior has seen happier days... but I saved it from going to auction and I think we make a great team together.

I have named her "BB" after Breez Bug or Blue Beetle, I almost named it "Mr. Blue Sky", but now that is the theme song I play in my iPod almost every morning I drive her.

So here is her debut thread, she still needs some serious work, but with some tlc, time and money, I think she will be looking hot.

Work done and Mods so far (Don't laugh!):

•Switched from tan cloth seats to tan leather... with the possibility to have them heated!
•Back window retinted, darker and with a lifetime warranty!
•Fixed a scratch on front passenger side.
•Added a dashmat to protect BB from the hot Arizona sun.
•Added Volkswagen "monsterlike" mats that came from my Jetta.
•Replaced brake light sensor (argh). EDIT: took part in recall, now has the latest Brake Light Switch :)
•One Cassette adapter hookup for my 30gb video iPod or my 1gb iPod nano.
•One AWESOME "Arizona State University" Arizona personalized plate (please note BBs rear end shots).
•"Breezymodded" plate screws
•Apple computer decals on side back windows.
•"Driver Found" sticker on driverside back window.
•"NewBeetle.org" sticker (thanks to sixspeed!) on both side windows.
•I switch my flower(s) in my bud vase almost every fill up, so my emergency kit contains not just bandaids and jumper cables, but some serious "new car" scented fake flowers.
•Replaced the original pitted and cracked windshield with a shinny new one, it makes her look like she had a mini face lift! EDIT: Another new windshield December 2006, incident with brick on freeway :(
•Driver side fog lamp replaced wooo hooo, BB doesnt need an eyepatch now
•January 2007: Claybarred then Meguiar’s NXT Generation tech wax, then a coat of Meguires step 3 Carnauba. (...and I wax her at least once a month)
•Clear Corners added in August
•Painting interior handles (thanks to John, Aura and Shonnel) Techno Blue.

Repairs and Mods I will be doing in the NEAR future:

•Front control arm bushings etc.
•Adding a skid plate (BB didn't have one at time of purchase):confused:
•Replacing the tint in the back window (new and darker) the current one is scratched badly. <---- DONE January 10th 2007!!! Pictures soon!!!
•"Touchup 123" maybe.
•Paint calipers blue.
•"Snowbox" removal... afterall, I live in Arizona
•Crawler style bra (perfect fit) for road trips
•I would die to have a VR6 engine in BB, but I don't think thats going to happen.:rolleyes:
•Possible trade of cloth seats with leather seats <---- DONE January 13th 2007!!! Pictures SOON.

·
CC + JB = TRUE LOVE
10,280 Posts
I :heart: it! I :heart: it! But you already know that!! And there's my favorite pic of you! The one that should be the VW ad!!!! :wink:

·
CC + JB = TRUE LOVE
10,280 Posts
Fowvay said:
Sexy bug, sexy driver
See! I told you that was my fave pic! :eyecrazy: I'm writin' to VW first thing Monday and demand that they use it in their new ad campaign!! :wink:

You're puttin' Helga to shame girl! Puttin' Helga to shame! :wink: lol

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
hahaha I should have never posted last night that I wanted a new windshield... a rock came up this morning and hit my windshield pretty hard... I have full coverage on glass and no deductable... so its prob. getting done tomorrow after I get off work! woo hoo!

Thanks for everyones nice comments!

EDIT:
Here are some older pictures of BB back in Spring of 2006

Summer of 2006:

Cheesy dashmat I use in the KILLER ARIZONA summer:

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
good lord...I'm sure I've said this before but that is a BEAUTIFUL beetle! The scenery there looks pretty nice too...I've never been to Phoenix...guess I'm gonna have to check it out. I've been to Albuquerque...that was kinda...gross? Phoenix looks similar, but like, somewhere i'd WANT to be HAHA! ABQ was pretty, but wow...trashy place...anywho, off topic...HOT BEETLE!

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
WOW!!!! Took you long enough to get some photos of BB up here!!

She looks great! So fresh and so clean clean!

I can't wait to see her painted interior and all of the mods to come in the future!
(it was also great meeting you even if BB wasn't with ya!!!)

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I ordered the spray paint in techno blue today at the dealership... in a few weeks Ill be ready to paint!

BB got a new windshield :) So she had a minor facelift this week and is looking great. The original windshield was badly pitted, so it needed to go.

Thanks for everyones nice comments, it makes me a little more brave to try some stuff... Ive got you guys to laugh with me and back me up when I mess something up!;)

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ten Dollars for the spray paint and I bought a touch up one a few weeks ago for $5.40, you see Gilligan, I am a woman, I go in wearing makeup and act all cute... it works almost everytime!

1 - 20 of 771 Posts