NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Knuckles
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are two pictures of my bug handle...it pops out of place when I try to open the door...like it extends to far. Any clues on how to fix or should I get a new one...and If I buy a new one...how should I fix it?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,354 Posts
Yup you'll deffinately have to take the door card off

·
Knuckles
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well...

I cannot find a how to as well....but I have taken off the inside of the door but the door handle is not visible, its located behind tons of metal....

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
It looks like the set screw and cable need adjusted.

On the jamb side of the door, remove the rubber plug and check the screw behind it (it's probably loose). Loosen a little more if necessary, pull the small handle blank out. Most likely the cable that pops into the end of the handle to release the door needs placement (needle-nose pliers work well). Once that's set, reinstall the handle blank and snug the set screw.

·
Knuckles
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No Fix Yet

As of yet there is no fix...the handle still pops out when opening...I have attempted to tighten the cord with the screws on the side but that makes no difference other than I cannot push the handle back in....

·
Boogety Boogety
413 Posts
Geez, just get a new one already... ;)

VW Auto Parts Wholesale - Discount VW Parts Prices - 2004 Volkswagen Beetle Door Handle

You're a patient man, my friend, after three minutes with it like that, I would have started to go crazy... never mind three months... :D

You'll have to take the door panel off, but that's easy and intuitive: Take the door pull cover off, and there are screws under there; three more under the door; then I think one behind the inner door handle (I'm going from memory here, so bear with me)... pop off around the edges, pull up a bit to disengage the lip from the window edge, disconnect any power clips you find inside, and lay it aside. Removing the door handle assembly should be easy, remove it and put the new one in, replace everything the way you found it, and go have an adult beverage. :cool:

·
Knuckles
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I doesnt look like the handle is broken...looks like something in the door is broken...but that could be just the way I'm looking at it..

·
57 Posts
oooooo i think i know. Mines does it toooo. i haven't got a chance to figure it out but try this and let me know if it works....

This picture is not actually mines it is from another thread on here but--- do you see where he is screwing? well above that to the left is a little screw. See if that is tight.

Attachments

·
57 Posts
(Another stolen picture from thread) if that doesn't work than try this! make sure that the little black thing is properly working and that everything fits in tightly! If the screw is tight and this in correctly everything should fit normally (or so i assume) let me know if this works because i have the same thing happening right now i just haven't had time to mess around with it. Good Luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I doesnt look like the handle is broken...looks like something in the door is broken...but that could be just the way I'm looking at it..
Have you got this problem fixed? I'm having the SAME exact problem... Only my whole handle is coming out. The part you put the key into is falling out when I close the door!

Any help?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts