NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Twizzler
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on my car last week and left the headlight on the engine cover, needless to say the light housing eventually tumbled onto the concrete floor and a small pivoting component inside that gives the assembly stability cracked in half. I tried to access it and repair it but cannot figure out how to fully dismantle this thing so I can get into the mechanisms that adjust the headlight aim etc... I have temperarily repaired it with some special compund but I feel vibration and changes in temperature over time will make the compound eventually fail, then I'll have a headlight that bounces up and down again when I go over bumps. Is anyone selling their drivers side headlight housing, don't need the lense just the housing with its guts intact.Thanks for any responses to this.

·
Twizzler
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is anyone aware if the internal components can be purchased seperately or do you need to buy the whole headlight assembly??

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
You'd have to buy the whole thing at about $130 off e-bay but I can probably help you out. I have a driver side light housing that I can part with. I have painted the large chrome area in there but I would be willing to sell the housing minus the chrome and lens. Interested? pm me. Its from a 2000 1.8.

·
Twizzler
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the response...How do you remove the chrome painted parts (reflectors)? I would need to know so I could reinstall my parts into your housing. Could you send me or post a pic of your assembly in case there is any difference? Thanks.

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
The chrome part is attached to the clear lens with gray sealant. That part comes off the rest of the housing simply by undoing the 4 tabs that hold the gray part to the silver part. I don't know how to dismantle it any more than that. There's some screws in there, some you can't really get to.

There isn't any difference I think. I was able to plug n play my replacements. Notice one of the tabs is broken on one side the other three are ok. If you need this I can let you have it for much less than a whole replacement will cost ya. I can post more pics if you want them but can't do much better quality than this. :(

Attachments

·
Twizzler
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which clip is broken off from the grey body part or from the chrome or lense parts? Your part looks differnet then mine, I need to take a pic of mine then compare, how much are you asking? By the way, does anyone have an extra toe eye cover for the front bumper, someone stole mine a day ago, red preferably.:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts