VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I had an unfortunate run in (literally) with a pole and my Lola is now missing a tail light. :( I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't heartbroken. Does anyone know where I can find a cheap replacement tail light? I don't mind purchasing a pair can replacing the left one, too. I've tried eBay but I'm a little scared of some of the return policies. I've already removed the broken light and shards of glass so putting a new one in myself is no problem.

Also, if there is a way to minimize the scratches (ha) until I can replace the entire bumper, that would be great.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I buy parts on eBay all the time, best source for online shopping for used parts. I have been there since '98 or '99. Sellers have a rating, it means a lot, but I do also buy from Sellers who have never sold before. In probably a thousand transactions I have only had a couple bad ones. Pay through PayPal, if there is a problem with the goods, you have PayPal resolution (PayPal is owned by eBay), and PayPal will even pay return shipping if there is a problem with the seller. You should be able to buy just the one.

If you'd like p/m me with the link to what you find and I'll have a look and give you my opinion, or if you're not familiar with all the search tricks...

As to the scratches, hand rubbing compound and then/or hand polishing compound, depending on the scratches and how good you want them to look, followed by some paste wax. Touch-up paint and no wax for a while if the scratches are through the base coat and primer and there is bare metal. You're not trying to make it perfect, just better.

MORAV

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Just DM'd you. Thanks for your help. :)
I would have probably rather been p/m'd, but I don't mind being d/m'd once in a while! :D

Seriously thou, received and responded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts