NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tension rod in my wife's car broke off of the inside of the door. Not sure of VW term for it; it's the part that holds the door from closing on your leg. Our car broke the piece of chanel that connects from the A pilar to the inside of the door at the weld. So far no luck with getting this fixed.

·
Registered
762 Posts
A good body shop should be able to weld that back into place. I've only seen this issue on the Beetles. The part inside the door that gives it the "stopping points" has 2 small tabs that break loose. We would send them out to the body shop we used to weld them back up... they didn't look pretty, but you can't see the repairs when the work was done.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yup, send it to a good body shop it'll probably cost you between, 150 to 250 dollars. By the way that thingy that keeps a door from closing on your leg is called a check strap. Oh, and just make sure the body shop gives a lifetime warranty on their paint repairs, that's usually a good sign of quality work.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to find another piece; the original one came out of the door and got lost when it broke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts