NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
Good to know; makes sense, if you look on any of the turbo s bumper parts, they actually have "votex" imprinted on them!

Votex is VWs accessories subsidiary; they are involved in the creation of all the accessories for VW/Audi and distribution of the R line parts as well.

VOTEX means: (Volume Trade & Export Gesellschaft) in German; they changed their name to Volkswagen Zubehör (accessories) GmbH.

Here is their website: Volkswagen Zubehör.*Volkswagen Accessories presents itself.

You can download some cool catalogs from their website; here is a old New Beetle catalog with the accessories they used to sell for our cars! Enjoy! :)

http://www.volkswagen-zubehoer.de/fileadmin/pdf/prospekte/englisch/zubehoer/new beetle engl.pdf

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Good to know; makes sense, if you look on any of the turbo s bumper parts, they actually have "votex" imprinted on them!

Votex is VWs accessories subsidiary; they are involved in the creation of all the accessories for VW/Audi and distribution of the R line parts as well.

VOTEX means: (Volume Trade & Export Gesellschaft) in German; they changed their name to Volkswagen Zubehör (accessories) GmbH.

Here is their website: Volkswagen Zubehör.*Volkswagen Accessories presents itself.

You can download some cool catalogs from their website; here is a old New Beetle catalog with the accessories they used to sell for our cars! Enjoy! :)

http://www.volkswagen-zubehoer.de/fileadmin/pdf/prospekte/englisch/zubehoer/new beetle engl.pdf
Great links and info. I worked for them for over 5 years and had no idea! ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
OH, I see! Were you a tech or a corporate VW of America employee? When I got my 2000 GLX 1.8T and then my 2002 NB Turbo S; I was always looking for accessories. Then, when I got my Turbo S off the lot; it was missing the right side exhaust cover or maybe it fell off when I was driving around! :) They had to order it for me; then, when I picked up the new one from the dealer, I looked it over and saw the part number and the word "VOTEX" on the back of the part! Hmmm, who is VOTEX; anyway, I wondered? So, I started searching on the web and found out; that VOTEX was VW's accessories division! They had their own website and was pretty cool; to check out all the stuff from Germany. They had a place where you could order their catalogs from Germany (for free); these catalogs were worlds cooler and better then the "Driver" accessorizes cats they used to hand out at the parts dept. here in the USA. They still have four different catalogs for cool things they sell for VW AG; that never even make it here to the USA. They also list a history timeline of VOTEX; I guess, they have been around allot longer then I thought! :)

History < About us < Company < Volkswagen Zubehör

You can also; sign up for their newsletter, that comes in your email. I find it to be much better and less goofy then the VW of America marketing; then tend to tell you about up coming VW release cars, prototypes, etc.; that are destined for Deutschland! So, the info is more current to the German/European market and even things; we may never see in the USA but still fascinating to the hard core VW fan! Sign up here; its free!

Volkswagen Zubehör Shop

You can also sign up for the Volkswagen AG (Germany); news letter, as I said above, keeps you current with what is going on from the "Fatherland". :) It is in German but still of interest; google translates it automatically or many times there is a english "option" on the page when you click the link on the bottom of the newsletter.

Here is the current one and I think there is a signup link on the page as well.

http://volkswagen-online.de/ViewInBrowser/list1/h5fdk/Key-1128301.C.Ffm.z.C.FPjh54

If you are on Facebook; you might want to "like" the Volkswagen Deutschland page as well:

https://www.facebook.com/VolkswagenDE

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
OH, I see! Were you a tech or a corporate VW of America employee? When I got my 2000 GLX 1.8T and then my 2002 NB Turbo S; I was always looking for accessories. Then, when I got my Turbo S off the lot; it was missing the right side exhaust cover or maybe it fell off when I was driving around! :) They had to order it for me; then, when I picked up the new one from the dealer, I looked it over and saw the part number and the word "VOTEX" on the back of the part! Hmmm, who is VOTEX; anyway, I wondered? So, I started searching on the web and found out; that VOTEX was VW's accessories division! They had their own website and was pretty cool; to check out all the stuff from Germany. They had a place where you could order their catalogs from Germany (for free); these catalogs were worlds cooler and better then the "Driver" accessorizes cats they used to hand out at the parts dept. here in the USA. They still have four different catalogs for cool things they sell for VW AG; that never even make it here to the USA. They also list a history timeline of VOTEX; I guess, they have been around allot longer then I thought! :)

History < About us < Company < Volkswagen Zubehör

You can also; sign up for their newsletter, that comes in your email. I find it to be much better and less goofy then the VW of A marketing; then tend to tell you about up coming VW release cars, prototypes, etc.; that are destined for Deutschland! So, the info is more current to the German/European market and even things; we may never see in the USA but still fascinating to the hard core VW fan! Sign up here; its free!

Volkswagen Zubehör Shop

You can also sign up for the Volkswagen AG (Germany); news letter, as I said above, keeps you current with what is going on from the "Fatherland". :) It is in German but still of interest; google translates it automatically or many times there is a english "option" on the page when you click the link on the bottom of the newsletter.

Here is the current one and I think there is a signup link on the page as well.

http://volkswagen-online.de/ViewInBrowser/list1/h5fdk/Key-1128301.C.Ffm.z.C.FPjh54

If you are on Facebook; you might want to "like" the Volkswagen Deutschland page as well:

https://www.facebook.com/VolkswagenDE
I was just a dealer tech.

You are like an encyclopedia! This information is awesome! Thanks for posting all of it.

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
I am a research nut! I find the VW AG site; to be fascinating and I find VW AG related stuff... so, much more interesting then anything coming out of Volkswagen of America. I have gone to other international sites; just to poke around. The VW de Mexico site is cool as well; I've seen neat videos of the Puebla factory and its neat to see all the cool cars that they don't sell here but they do sell there! Check out the "Polo" and "CrossFox"!

Modelos < Volkswagen Mexico

Check out the commercial vehicles; including the cool truck, called the "Amorak"; why does everyone else get the cool stuff and we don't? Looking at what the rest of the world has access to; it makes you realize, VW of America; really has a very limited line of vehicles!

Models < Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles

Need a VW dump truck or bus? They got 'em! LOL! :)

Volkswagen products | MAN SE

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I am a research nut! I find the VW AG site; to be fascinating and I find VW AG related stuff... so, much more interesting then anything coming out of Volkswagen of America. I have gone to other international sites; just to poke around. The VW de Mexico site is cool as well; I've seen neat videos of the Puebla factory and its neat to see all the cool cars that they don't sell here but they do sell there! Check out the "Polo" and "CrossFox"!

Modelos < Volkswagen Mexico

Check out the commercial vehicles; including the cool truck, called the "Amorak"; why does everyone else get the cool stuff and we don't? Looking at what the rest of the world has access to; it makes you realize, VW of America; really has a very limited line of vehicles!

Models < Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles

Need a VW dump truck or bus? They got 'em! LOL! :)

Volkswagen products | MAN SE
I love the Amarok! I saw an ad somewhere here in Phoenix claiming they can legally import them, but seeing how I don't have that kind of $ I have not really checked into it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts