VW Beetle Forum banner

Bubba Beetle

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Thugbug222 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought this 2 months ago... 1 owner 2000 2.0 with 53,400, all service records. Maintained at VW dealer she bought it from.. brakes and rotors changed every 14000 miles! Oil (synthetic) every 2500. Timing belt and cabin air filter done at dealer @ 40000 miles. Previous owner also replaced headlights and drivers window motor, and all service bulletins and recalls were done right away at the dealer. I just did the tires, battery, ball joints and tie rods, and cream colored 2 tone paint to fix some hail dings. Has a couple of rattles... exhaust heat shield and under the dash somewhere. Too bad it's not spring time!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is that how you bought it? Love the wheels!!!

#3 · (Edited)
no, it was red with stock wheels, but I couldn't afford a complete repaint plus fixing the hail dimples, so I decided on a cream and red 2 tone. I filled in the hood where VW emblem would go... my emblem was in pretty bad shape. I went with a peace sign instead, and now I get everyone giving me the peace sign as I drive around town.

#5 ·
thank you! I kinda surprised myself by buying another VW product... I just sold a 96 Cabrio that I had purchased in Florida with only 63 thousand on it... it was a money pit from hell and I pretty much swore off VW's. i'm hoping this one won't bite me in the rear, but it was only $2900 with those low miles and good service record.

and I do love the look of the new beetle..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.