NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spend the better part of this morning cleaning up my daughters new car for her. Since she has named her car Bubbles, I think that she may want to take care of her new ride. We recently purchased this 2003 VW Beetle Turbo from a local individual in Fort Worth. I know nothing about the history of the car other than it has 137k on the odometer but plan on ordering the timing belt kit real soon before we know what can happen. The car fax has the car being in our local area its entire life but no service documents were available.
I did manage to change the oil last weekend with Castrol 5/40 and replaced the small auxiliary fan on the radiator for the AC as it was squealing as the AC was started. Within 3 days of ownership the check engine light came on and it was the P0420 code like many others. I purchased a code reader and also found that the right front seat belt is causing the airbag light to illuminate but have not had time to check further into it. I was also able to clear the dreaded P0420 code and it has not came back on since. My first tank I did not put high octane fuel which may have caused the code. Either way, the low grade was ran out and a fresh tank of Super was put in and it is all good for now.
Today I sanded and polished the headlights with a 3M kit that worked out great, I degreased the top side of the motor and detailed the engine compartment. One thing I have left to do that bothers me is degreasing the oil splatter from all of the previous oil changes, that filter is not in a great spot. Also, with the help of the members here I found out how to raise the rear spoiler so that I could grease it... man that thing was noisy when going down at a red light! The car is fun to drive and I may eventually purchase one for myself so I give this one back to her :)

·
Super Moderator
14,786 Posts
I hate to tell you, but that's not a Turbo S....... :eek:

It is a quite beautiful Turbo New Beetle, though. :wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts