NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Text taken from the website Bug In Finn
The Bug In Finn is the largest event organised around Volkswagens in Finland. The show is attended annually by hundreds of VW enthusiasts from Finland and abroad. Visitors bring in vehicles of very different styles and ages, which always makes for a great and exotic atmosphere.

Staying overnight in the area is possible in tents, vehicles or cottages. Naturally there are fees for accommodation, but the event itself is free of charge. Most people come to spend the weekend with a group of friends or family. While based in your camp, it is nice to go see the various attractions, other vehicles and fellow enthusiasts.

Saturday is a popular day of activities, and anybody interested in VWs should be there at least as a day visitor. The Bug in Finn is suited for people of all ages. Besides the adult attendance, children are well catered for in the show.

So turn up, set up camp, forget the daily grind and enjoy the summer! The most relaxed VWeekend of the year is brought to you by the Finnish Volkswagen Association (FVWA).
It's my plan to attend this GTG as well :D

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I got the all clear from my new manager for the vacationdays I need to attend this meeting! :clap: (among other things)

Finland, (no ash cloud) here I come! :banana:

On the map you see the location (don't mind the pink around it :rolleyes: don't know why...)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
BIF 2011 flyer in English

Not only that, there really isn't official program printed anywhere because no-one remembered to do that! :eek: There was some discussion about matter in May and then nothing happened. Oh well, it happens.

Update: Flyer in English now and URL to that. :)

But I know unofficially that program will be more or less similar than 2010, except this year there's a Beetle gear box assembly -show, unlike previous years when there has been an engine assembly -show. :)

Official start is at Friday but there'll be a VW people whole week, I came by Thursday afternoon in 2010 and there were already tens of VWs around, some of those had came at Monday.

Location is Visulahti near Mikkeli and here's the link to Google Maps (About 220 kilometers from Helsinki to northeast.)
Visulahti Camping site

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the update :goodjob:
This year I won't be making the Bug in Finn.
So perhaps, if you were there last year, we might've run into eachother :D

Enjoy! I hope the weather is as good as last year or as what you are having at the moment.
Last year we had +30C on Thursday and Friday, +10C and occasional showers at Saturday and +15 at Sunday morning, raising rapidly to almost +30C by the time we were to leave so essentially I managed to roast myself on the road both ways and while sleeping in the van (Thu-Fri night) and then freeze at Saturday and following night, lowest about +6C early in Sunday morning.

Not the weather I'd like to see this year. ;)

BTW: We moved info into www.buginfinn.fi, but it has the same flyer, so nothing really new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts