NewBeetle.org Forums banner

41 - 60 of 391 Posts

·
OG Stalker
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Billsbug said:
Oh man! Do u take paypal? :D

I'd like a set of the ones u have on the wheels in black if u have 'em or the :R ones in black with silver trim! What the heck, send both! :p
When I am at my brothers this weekend I will grab a couple sets and snap some pics so you can see them. We'll figure something out then.

I don't want to promise you a particular item and then not have them anymore... :thup:

·
OG Stalker
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
my turn signals that used to be there were broken last time my car was hit, and apparently VW either does not make the part any more, or they have no idea how to locate it. My plan as of right now is to relocate my turn signals and then place standard beetle fogs back in that location. I just haven't gotten around to ordering up new fogs.

·
OG Stalker
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
it matches the camo accents I have in the front of the car on the shift boot and grab handles. The camo itself is the same tan as my interior, olive and brown. In person the bar itself is much darker and more of a brown/ olive so it is not as drastic as it seems in the pic.

Either way, it goes in the trunk so I am not too worried. I can always repaint it, or strip it and polish it.

·
OG Stalker
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
here is a picture of when it was mocked up...

I can actually say that I could notice a difference. It was not as dramatic as something like a rear sway bar, but the rear does feel more solid.

I ordered some nut-serts which I am picking up today for a more solid mount. I will post some complete picks after it is remounted with the new hardware.

·
OG Stalker
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The bumper is actually the RSF bumper that is distributed by Strictly Foreign in Allentown, PA. I had the upper slots removed as well as the lower mould lines and tow hook cover. Unfortunately that bumper was destroyed by a drunk driver in a hit and run late one night.

As far as the scoop. It is completely open and I have had no issues with water. All the wiring is fairly protected and I attempted to push as much of the wires, plugs, etc out of the way and re route them so nothing gets a direct hit if it rains.

41 - 60 of 391 Posts