NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first car, very first car, was a 57 VW! Small oval window, ragtop sunroof. She could go where others could not, and she did! 66 VW was my next purchase, old blue was traded in. Remember packing an 8x11 rug with the foam base on top of the hood going from Iowa to DC. My next purchase was a 69. Marriage, kids, I ended up traded her in for a pick up truck, then a station wagon, next blazer, then a van. Now the kids are married, with kids of their own. Saw this cute beetle on the corner of a chevy lot.. It does have a lemon title, but it drove well, looks like she has been cared for, so I took the chance and bought her.
The other day driving on hwy, had to slow down after about 35 minutes, as there was road construction, as I accelerated it jerked from second to third gear. A bit spooked as it felt like someone had just rear ended me. Read about tranny issues on these cute little cars. I am going to make an appointment and have the tranny oil changed, if it is possible with the sealed tranny. Hope that may help.

I am a beetle lover from long, long ago. I think this forum will be helpful and FUN! :warmfuzi:

Later

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Hi!

Welcome to the org!

You have long history with Beetles :) And now the story continues with a NBC! That´s so cool :thup:

Greetings from Finland.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Kuplamies. I hope to find out info, and use it to repair as I need too. Maybe hook up with some beetle junkies from Iowa. Would be fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts