NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got her all fixed and cleaned up so I thought I'd snap a few pics. before she gets dirty again :rolleyes:

She's a 01 GLS 1.8t that I bought from my ex sis inlaw 1 week ago today. She was broken and dirty but now she's not now :D

I still have to try to clean the seats and the sticky crud from the dash and doors:rolleyes:

Anyway here she is one week ago today. After sitting for 6+ months under trees...

and today..

And my cupholder mod. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
So wonderful of you to bring that beautiful New Beetle back to life. :party:

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet! Love the cup-holder mod too! :goodjob:
Thanks, We put about 500 mi. on her this weekend and my wife suggested that I round off the corners a little.
So I made another one and made a few changes to it.

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats awesome, its lookin really nice! Did you sat at first there were some run-ability issues? If so what were they and how did ya fix them!
Yep, It wasn't running when I got it. The lady I got it from had her brother working on it. He changed the water pump, timing belt, oil pump and timing chain tensioner among a few other things. And when he put it back together it wouldn't run on 1 and 4. I know the guy and he is a fair mechanic but I double checked everything he did. After checking I replaced all the coil packs and spark plugs and now she runs like a top :)

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great job! You had a good start with her. She didn't look doomed at all. Glad to see it was easy to get her running again and all major stuff done. :clap: How many miles on her?
Thanks, I don't think she was ever "doomed" but after sitting for a while and someone questionable working on it, you never know what you are getting yourself into.
But all worked out great and I love this little car, even though silver would not have been my first, second, third ... choice in colors, I think this may have been the best $1500 I've spent in a long time.
OH and she has slightly over 88k miles today:) I think it was around 86k when I got it.
Now I want to find me an empty shell of a NB to do a full custom resto. chop top and all on it.

·
rolling down back roads
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
A little Fathers day 4 day 3 night camping trip to Hunting Island state park.
We had a 5 hr drive, 3 people and all out stuff packed inside :eek: you couldn't fit a fart in there :rolleyes:
I have got to get a hitch and maybe a light weight camper.

Where's Waldo ? LOL

I took this one from near the top of the 132 ft Hunting Island lighthouse.

a look at the lighthouse

This was our view from the camp site every morning.

If you look at the bottom left side of this pic you can see the tracks from where a female Loggerhead see turtle came up onto the beach the night before to lay her eggs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
11 Participants
bugshop
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing