VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '03 Beetle Turbo skipped a notch on the timing belt and now needs a new cylinder head 3,000.00 just for the part. (at least that is what I think the service department said) I am going to have to part ways with her. I hate to see her in a scrap yard but I am not sure how else to see that she goes to someone who will love her even if it is in parts. Is there a place on this forum for that?

Sad in Michigan

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
You can fix/rebuild the head much for cheaper then that; how many miles and how much are you willing to spend to get her back on the road? You do not need to purchase a new head; getting a rebuild or a good used one, is a option. You need to research things and give us more info about your car; before throwing the baby out with the bath water! Don't give up the ship; let us know, what a repair budget you have to work with, would be for your car! :)

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
Actually you would be better off rebuilding your existing cylinder head; it is possible to do the whole repair for $3000 or less, parts and labor. Here is a Thread Post that might be of assistance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had not given trying to fix it much though I am pretty handy with building brick and morter kind of stuff but never tried a car. Not sure how much I have to spend would have to be in small doses but there is no hurry. She has 140,000 ish miles on it great car body has no rust,dents,bumps or bruises. I will check the link thank you. It is amazing how attached you get to these little buggers LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts