NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 426 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my love! Currently at 120K!

"Mods" (if you can call them that!): Vinyl eyelids, VW tire gauge caps, leather door handle covers, fender guards, stubby antenna, smoked license plate covers, tow hook cover (lost!), amber fog light covers, newbeetle.org decals, black lower panel / coupling, monster mats, personalized license plates, hand-made shift boot from Overheadcam's mom!

Can you tell i like to cover things? :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Erin,

Very Nice looking New Beetle, I love the Silver bug.

Your Photo's Are Great.

John K.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
curby got some black lips! ok, that makes no sense. but anyway, here's curby with his new black front bumper parts!

Attachments

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
callisto9 said:
curby got some black lips! ok, that makes no sense. but anyway, here's curby with his new black front bumper parts!
Curby looks GREAT Erin!! :goodjob:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CyberGreenBaby said:
Curby looks GREAT Erin!! :goodjob:
thank you! i am quite pleased myself! i think this may be the last thing i do for awhile. my bank account is crying out to me..."quit spending!". i need a few more tires though. two to be exact. curby got two new tires last week and he's very grateful. :)

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks to both amanda and rubie for the compliments - both of you have beautiful NBs, too! :D

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Titchy said:
It came out quite well, you should be pleased :D Did you get your dash mat trained?
thank you! the dash mat has settled some, but i still don't like the way it looks. i may sell it. :confused:

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I trained it without the center piece and some strategically placed objects on the spots that wanted to sorta bubble up around the vent. Did you slide it under the front near the windshield? I used a flashlite, and a knife/plier set and a book(hardback) and let them ride around on it a for a day moving them until it settled right in. Then I put the center piece in. The only area that needed a bit was the vent area and I put the stuff right on those spots and the carpet actually curved right into the vent area, then just laid the center piece on and it attached itself and sits great. Give it a chance, put the stuff on it and leave it in the sun.

If you can do the grill you can do the mat :D

Tracy

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Thanks for your comment, I love my new beetle. I will have to make a page like this one... your little curby is very cute!!!

Mine is named "BB" For Breez Bug. Or you can assume Blue Beetle, thats fine too.

I see that you treasure that little baby... it looks wonderful.

Bree

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the compliment! i do love my little bug! ;) makes me happy just driving it! how you can look at the car and NOT smile? :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
callisto9 said:
how you can look at the car and NOT smile? :)
I know!!! I always have the big guys in big trucks... who knows if they are laughing at me, or just think Im cute... but they always "let me in" to merge.

So if my beetle helps (even if they are laughing at me in the process) thats okay too. I know my beetle is a cutie. :rolleyes:

·
#1 Auntie
4,549 Posts
Very nice car, Erin! Looks like you take very good care of Curby. I like that name- it's catchy! :) I love the black grill. Did you paint that or buy that? Wonder what that would look like on Bugzzi... ??? :D

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bmxbugzzi said:
Very nice car, Erin! Looks like you take very good care of Curby. I like that name- it's catchy! :) I love the black grill. Did you paint that or buy that? Wonder what that would look like on Bugzzi... ??? :D
thanks for the compliment! i had the black grill painted. i am a big fan of the black accents (splash guards, grill, door handle covers, etc.) on the car. i originally saw it on toad's red 98 and loved it, so i thought i'd try it, too. i love how it turned out. :D i say give it a try! white and black is always a good combo, IMO.

1 - 20 of 426 Posts