NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cameron_Talley's 2018 Beetle SE, Turbie

Thought I needed to start a thread to share photos of my 2018 Beetle! Not enough 2012+ posts in here!

This car belonged to my father who bought it in June of 2018. He passed away in January of this year and the car is now mine. He never named his cars (leaving that to me or my mom), but I found a folder with pictures of the car titled "Bear". That makes sense as he graduated from Baylor University and the car's colors are basically Baylor colors.

My Dad refused to be called "Grandpa" or any variation thereof, insisting that my son call him "T-Rex" (His name was Rex). So, I've decided to call the car "T-Rex Bear" in his honor. I started shortening that to TRB, and my wife pointed out how that sounded like "Turbie." So Turbie stuck.

I still have my 2010 Bug, Jimmy, though it needs to have some work done before it's driveable again. I'm not sure at this point if I'll sell that car or not. But I haven't kept up with all the 2012+ stuff, so I have a lot to catch up on!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Cameron, your Dad had great taste, with that Bottle Green Beetle.

I am so glad you will be taking care of T-Rex Bear from now on. You will always be reminded of your Dad. :heart:

Keep the pics coming! :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took a drive in Cameron Park the other day and found a nice deserted spot for some quick pics.

I've also got some (very small) goodies on order!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sharp looking Beetle! Your dad had good taste! I lost my dad several years back, my prayers for peace and comfort to you and you family.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the Birth Certificate! They spelled my name wrong even though it was spelled right on the envelope they sent it in. Whoops!

And got some valve stem caps with the Wolfsburg logo. I also have some small stickers that I'm debating putting on. I had them on my first New Beetle, Tommy. Wolfsburg logos right in front of the rear fenders above the rocker panels. Concept 1 had them embossed there I believe. Not sure if I want them on this car or not.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took Turbie to his first VW show this past weekend at the Blooming Good Show in Nacogdoches, TX. He was the only 12up (or new beetle of any kind), but he beat out several Vanagons to win best Watercooled!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts