NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MegaWatt
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been restoring a 2000 NB TDI, and several people have worked on it over the last few months. I found a square rubber plug that someone removed from somewhere in the front of the car, but no one remembers seeing it before. The VW part number is 1C0971908A and it's about 2" x 2". I've Googled it with no luck. The front and back photos follow. Can anyone give me an idea of where this came from. Thanks!

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
i would check the firewall. looks like its a weather plug. maybe someone updated the stereo and popped it out to run an amplifier hot wire.

-jd

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
The square plug fits in the firewall from under the hood on the passenger side and it is actually a cowl plug that goes right below a wiring harness that come through the cowl area. As I recall it is to the left of the passenger side wiper arm pivot as a point of reference.

If you cannot locate it or figure out where it is located, I am sure a picture would help.

I have taken this plug out when cleaning the debris from the cowl in the past.

·
MegaWatt
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for your help. I don't know why it was removed, but at least now I know where it goes. Thanks, guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts