NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VW have a short in the ground for cylinder 4 wiring. It’s throwing code P1228 which is “Injector circuit cylinder 4 short to ground”.
The injectors are fine.
The spark plugs are fine.
The fuses, visible wiring, etc etc is all fine.
I narrowed it down a bit but I don’t know how find out what’s wrong and how to fix the ground for the cylinder.
The more I look into it it seems the wiring for the cylinder at some point should be grounded in some kind of system where the car somehow used the ground to fluctuate the amount of power going in. So I’m assuming that’s where the ground with the issue is? I also can’t figure out what this “system” I’m picturing in my head would look like or where it’s be located.
If anyone knows how to fix this issue please let me know. I realize I have no idea what I’m talking about but I also don’t know what to do other than try and fix it myself. I bought a stupid fuel injector and filter thinking that was the issue but nooooo.
Thanks to anyone who has ideas or even knows what I’m talking about.

·
Registered
13,462 Posts

What year and engine is the new beetle; that you are working on? Please post all trouble codes; that you are getting. What troubleshooting and testing; have you done so far? Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts