NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what it is, but it's shattered and I need to replace it soon. I've looked at different sensors, but the only ones I've seen so far have fewer pins than this one. This one has 14. This is a view from the front of a 2005, 2.0L vw bug with the bumper guard, radiator, fan, etc. pulled out. Nobody in the transmission section here seems to be able to help. The plug dangling in front of it is the one that was plugged into it (also shattered).

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Impulse sender?

Manual or auto? Also can you do a shot showing a bit more of the engine? Jst trying to work out the location

Edit:

Part number 09G 927 363..... 14 pin wiring set for 6speed auto gearbox? Found on Page 635 of these diagrams

is that it? And yes i looked through all 635 of them! Lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow

Here's another shot, arrow pointing to the part. This is from the same angle as the other pictures, just zoomed out. I think you've found the part though! BTW, It's an auto, sorry I didn't include that. I can't believe you went through all of those pages, you're awesome. :) This picture doesn't show the part clearly, but you can see the transmission on the bottom right, and you can look at the others to get a general idea of where it is. It's dark out, so I had to upload a picture that I already had saved. How's that for a fender bender?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like this might be trouble.....

I doubt pulling the transmission pan is going to be enough to get to this entire harness.....:mad:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah, it looks right... Oh dear, looks like a fun job changing that!

And i was bored! Saw no one had replied and 1 page turned into 300 so i thought i may as well keep going! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really appreciate your help!

I unbolted it and was able to pull it out a bit. I don't think that the sensors and stuff in that harness are damaged, just the plug, and I can probably get enough slack to just splice another plug onto it (hopefully :eek:). If not......:(
Well, I'll see. Anyway, thanks again, you're awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts