NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a 2012 Turbo Beetle and would like to run a CarFax on it. It only has 4600 miles on it but it has some interesting options for a base Turbo Beetle such as Bi-Xenon Headlights with LED Running Lights and 19 inch wheels which should have only been available on cars equipped with sunroof and navigation which this one does not have.
Someone said it was a VW Corp Fleet car which belonged to a VW Corporate Employee or their spouse. I just want to make sure I am not buying a Rental car.
If no one here has free access to a Car Fax I will ask the dealer to run one for me prior to me buying the vehicle.

Thanks for your Help! Oh, the VIN Number of the Beetle in question is : 3VW4A7AT5CM642728

Also my 2000 VW Beetle GLX is for Sale. Great shape and top mechanical condition. $3500 firm.

I will post a more detailed ad in the classifieds and on Cars.com.

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
I don't know if they still do but carfax used to lurk forums and nab people doing carfaxes for others. I would think that if it only has 4600 miles then it's most likely not a rental but you never know. The headlights et al would make me lean more towards VW corp as it may be pre-production? Honestly no idea, good luck on it though sounds awesome :bigthumbg:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did get the CarFax from the dealer. It's right there on their website. Free CarFax report. Duh.. I guess I didn't see that at first. Looks all clear.
This was a VW Corporate Fleet Car. Meaning it belonged to some VW employee or family member. They didn't drive it very much since it only has 1400 miles on it. It's a 6 speed manual Turbo 2.0 with the Turbo Launch edition Turbo Graphics on the side and it also comes with the 19 inch Wheels and Bi-Xenon HID headlights with LED running lights which are usually only available on the upper class models. Besides those two options the Beetle is pretty basic. No sunroof or nav or Fender sound which I would've loved but most places that have a fully decked out 2012 with all the options still sell it between 21500 and 26000 dollars. This one I am buying I am getting for 17k which I don't think is a bad deal even if it doesn't have Nav or a Sunroof. For an almost 9k difference in price I can live without it.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if they still do but carfax used to lurk forums and nab people doing carfaxes for others. I would think that if it only has 4600 miles then it's most likely not a rental but you never know. The headlights et al would make me lean more towards VW corp as it may be pre-production? Honestly no idea, good luck on it though sounds awesome :bigthumbg:
You are right it is a VW Corp Vehicle. Actually I found two identical cars in the same area. (Chicago) One at a Hyundai dealership and one at an Audi dealership. They are perfect twins. One has 4600 miles and the other 1400 miles. I will go with the one with 1400 miles since they cost exactly the same. Well, after negotiating the price down a bit ;)

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
2012 seems to be a common year for the Corp vehicles. A lot of Sportwagons being sold with around 6k on them from the 2012 year. Buddy of mine bought one not too long ago. Corp car so its got some odd options together, but its pretty much loaded. Pretty good deal really.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Must have been a bunch of those corporate vehicles, the dealer here has one set up the same but, it has 5k mi. Carfax says corp veh too

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
You are right it is a VW Corp Vehicle. Actually I found two identical cars in the same area. (Chicago) One at a Hyundai dealership and one at an Audi dealership. They are perfect twins. One has 4600 miles and the other 1400 miles. I will go with the one with 1400 miles since they cost exactly the same. Well, after negotiating the price down a bit ;)
Good luck I would go with the 1400 miles one too. I would love to be able to find a nice corp car when ever I get something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts